What's new

HELP: Wheel Recommendation

P

PhilV

i already spoke to arch he defo doesn't use hammers an such nor needs paintjob after, however only way tog et to him is to drive over there as I live in the channel islands and im afraid thats not an option lol :(

damn wheels! so let me get this straight, mine are ET17...higher ET means they stick further into the bodywork? i seen some that are ET30

P

Paddy mack

Na my rotas are et30 all round they dn't sit in. the higher the number the futher they sit i think

P

Paddy mack

well i've got the steam roller version on the back 9.5 X 18 and 8.5 X 18 up front. the fronts sit perfect in the arch:nod: . The rear ones are the problem and the rota don't come any higher than et30 in the 9.5 so changing them is not a option. but wider rear quaters might me on the menu. the tyres are 235/40 on rear and 225/40 up front

P

PhilV

so even et30's is a no go, jesus, no wonder et17's stick out so much, god knows why previous owner bought this offset!!!

i may just have to sell these an get new ones, anyone wan some cr kai's? ha ha

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Your previous owner must have run alot, and i mean alot of camber, if you do the same they will tuck under :no:

For a 9j at the rear you are looking at around ET40.

The higher the number the further in the arch the wheels will sit. I.e. ET 17 sticks out, ET40 should not

P

PhilV

meh after alot of consideration I am afraid I will have to let these puppies go :( will either buy them nismo GTR wheels or these again in the correct offset :(

what offset have u got/wheel size Topper?

PS: ANYONE WANNA BUUY SOME CR KAI'S???

lol

P

PhilV

i just seena good price for some wheels, you reckon this will sit fine?

in bronze, size 18x8.5j ET30 ?644 for all 4 with no tyres, same wheel on driftworks are ?800 no tyres

P

PhilV

so:

18x8.5j et30 for front

and

18x9.5j et30 for the back

oki dokies! ...is rolling as in to tuck them in or flare them out? :S

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Rolled in. Gives an extra 10-20mm.

It needs to be mentioned that lowering plays a very important part. All sorts of wheels will fit on standard height. Lower more than 25mm and its a whole new ball game...

P

PhilV

yeah true true ok will speak to my garage an see what they say, if anyone wants to buy some Cr Kai's keep your eyes on the FOR SALE section! eh eh eh :)

thanks everyone for the help, sorry to see these wheels go :(

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
URA's, nice wheels :nod:, but the 8.5j ET30 may be a slight problem, depends how much camber you want to run.

I have 8j ET35's all round, i needed a 5mm spacer at the front to clear the coilovers, making the fronts ET30, these are very close to being classed as sticking out, so the max you could go. Rear fit the arches just right but have lots of room behind them (wish they were 9j's :()

:EDIT: 9.5j ET30's wont fit, they will stick out at the rear :nod:

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
If you can, i'd go for a higher offset at the rear, you can always push them out with a little spacer should you need/want to, however as you have learnt, if they are out to far, there is nothing you can do about it other than run huge camber!

P

Paddy mack

the rotas look a little different in the 8.5 than the 9.5. look at little knocks s15 they have 8.5 front and 9.5 rear you see what i mean.