What's new

HELP: Wheel Recommendation

P

PhilV

actually I am getting them in 17's again I have decided 17's look fine so meh...or should I fill the arches more? hmmm dunno now...if i change sizes ill have tyo do stuff so it reads speed properly? bah more hassle, i think not!!

Front: 17?8.0JJ+32(ST) 215/45
Rear: 17?9.0JJ+44(DT) 235/40

i wish the previous owner had done this an not cause me such hassle lol

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
See, none of you trust me, thats the sizes i've been saying all along :p :D

My front 8j ET30's have 225/45/17
Rears should be ok for a 245, maybe even 255, but would prob need arch rolling.

Reaction score
Country
actually I am getting them in 17's again I have decided 17's look fine so meh...or should I fill the arches more? hmmm dunno now...if i change sizes ill have tyo do stuff so it reads speed properly? bah more hassle, i think not!!

Front: 17?8.0JJ+32(ST) 215/45
Rear: 17?9.0JJ+44(DT) 235/40

i wish the previous owner had done this an not cause me such hassle lol

Thats what i went for..
just waiting for my tires to arrive and then fit
will post some pics when i have them on ... :D

P

Paddy mack

finally!!

the tractor in back ground is there to show just how much wheels could stick out!

P

Paddy mack

they are mentioned earlier in the thread. but fo rthe lazy bloke in scotland. 9.5 X18 rear with 235/40R18 and 8.5 X 18 front with 225/40R18 Et30 alround. as for the camber i've adjusted nothing from when i got it. its on stock suspension.

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Wow - nice looking motor :notworthy:

Those CR Kai's take some beating...

Looks like you've got some perfect fitments and you'd expect Work to be able to get it right with S15's :nod:

Reaction score
Country
That is not what Work recommends. They always recommend 7.5 and 8.5 for s15s. Pretty sure the cr kai above is 8.5 and 9.5

You dont get the concave look in 8.5

Reaction score
Country
works recommend 7.5 and 8.5 on 18 inches rims but in 17inch they recommend 8 and 9. the front on mine are not concave but ther flush but the rears are concave. think it looks sweet like that.

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
They are fron 8j ET32 and rea9j ET44 right? Looks good fitment, could run a 255 on the rear no problem :D, how is clearance of the suspension at the rear?

Reaction score
Country
no problems with clearence on rears (suspension or arches)
Could run 255 but would have lots of tire flex on the side wall not really what i want.

haha 255tires is 10inch wide on 9 inch width rim will look funny, but plenty of rim protection :wack:

P

PhilV

UPDATE!

after alot of searching came across a make I hadn't heard of before, called RAZE and they make a wheel I really like, called the R74, either way here it is:

so I thought I'd do a cheap Photoshop onto my car and here it is...I really like the look, atm that over my 17" rims but im going for 18x8.5 front and 18x9.5 back on the RAZE wheels, think they look top, what u guys think?

P

PhilV

yeh had already seen those but these are half the price eh eh and I am now paying for a house as well and at the age of 20 its a bit moneys train ha ha so gotta go for the cheap ones :p

M

mitch

I think I need to keep an eye on this thread. Either arch attack, selling the wheels or selling the car....

That's on stock suspension. When the fronts go on, they'll probably be as bad or worse, but wide wings are easy enough to fit at the front...