What's new

HELP: Wheel Recommendation

P

PhilV

after much talk and such with "the law" I must now change my wheels, previous owner and whatnot got them and this size is too big and I don't wanna be running insane negative camber SOOOOOO I am going to sell these and buy a new set.

FROM THIS FORUM I NEED:

1. Can you please tell me how much I can get/sell my genuine Bronze WORK Emotion's 17x9.5, 4 wheels all wrapped by Goodyear Eagle F1's!

tyres are pretty much new, as are the wheels, front left has a really tiny curb damage which i will take a pic of but it could probably be DIY-Refurbed!

2. What wheels do you recommend to go on a Black S15? i like the look of these but don't think they comes in a size that won't stick out 7.5/8J???

how about them...erm Rota GTR's or whatever? like u get on Skylines, they look nice don't they?

recommendations for wheels plz/website links where to buy them from, etc...PLEASE HELP MEEE!

P

PhilV

i just realised that I worded it wrong, its not so much the wheels size its the offset thats wrong...so yeah I need wheels that sit fluuuussshhhh :)

P

Paddy mack

i've just put a set of 18 inch Rota GTR on my s15 front are 8.5 X 18 and the rear is 9.5 X 18 the front are sound but a really close to the shock but don't stick out side of the arch. the rears are sticking out a bit but nothing i can't learn to live with. there are ofset et30 i reackon maybe 32 or 35 on the rear would get em under the arch a bit better but might hit the shock. i wouldn't go any wider on the front you need a load of spacers to get to clear the shock

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Thought this may happen :rolleyes:, now you know how i felt!

I'd go for 8j front and 9j rear. Offsets around ET35 front, and ET45 rear, its best to get them to far into the arch, you can always use spacers to push them out, but as you have learnt, if they stick out, you cant do much :no:

P

PhilV

i think I wanna keep these wheels tho, might just have my arches flared! anyone have any pics of an S15 with arches flared? apparently all the drift cars have them but the pics I see seem similar to stock I dunno....

...but yeh think I may flare them...only couple hundred quid I think...

P

Paddy mack

ooh flared would slove my pains alright yeah some must have it done

Reaction score
are you sure they are 9.5?? i think the largest cr kai's you can get is 9+17 which is fine on the front with camber :D rear will need some guard work but minimal depending on how low you want the car. i think you should keep the rims, they are a good size. flaring can be done, if you know what you are doing, i'll post pics of mine in a few weeks with the new wheels ;)

Reaction score
Country
my set of CR kai's just came in the door.

17x8+32 on the front
with 215/45 tires

17x9+44 on the rear
with 235/40 tires

all recommended by Works

haven't put them on yet as im waiting for the tires but hope i dont have any issues.

P

PhilV

i have sorted out the frtonts with some camber, gonna flare the rears but it shouldn't be a huge flare anyway

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Using camber to get wheels to fit in arches is not a good solution. It effects handling, grip and wears tyres unevenly.

P

PhilV

they are not angled, managed to put wheels nicely in the frotn still at the correct angle, no rubbing, back wheels would only fit with neg camber which i don't want for reasons u just stated nicely so havign the rear arches flared a bit, I seen some of the drift cars with the look and it looks good so hopefully will come out ok :)

also thanks for the link to lambda sensor on a diff topic, arrived today, super fast shipment as I only ordered tuesday night! noice!

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
my set of CR kai's just came in the door.

17x8+32 on the front
with 215/45 tires

17x9+44 on the rear
with 235/40 tires

all recommended by Works

haven't put them on yet as im waiting for the tires but hope i dont have any issues.
Let us see pictures once they are on.

:thumbs:

Reaction score
Yea lets see the pics o that!!

At philv what offset u running on the back?Was thinking of getting these wheels!

P

PhilV

erm don't remember of the top of my head but will let u know once I go past the garage tonight :)

P

PhilV

yes think thats right yeah I think thats what I said after I looked....although I get confused as some people go on about ET's some say +35/whatever some say in "mm" so I get really confused ha ha :(

P

Paddy mack

what invloved in flaring the arch on a s15 . i've just been to two auto repair places and they are talking big project cuting inner arch welding in plate and pulling quater panel. replacing rear spats and painting both sides of car??? has anybody ever had it done or know how it has been done!!!

P

PhilV

that sounds excessive?

however after speaking with the garage further they say would have to flare alot to cover the rear wheels and would look silly :(

so erm....yeah...no good

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Speak to Arch.... soemthing or other on SXOC, he seems to be able to do flaring easily, and could advise you before you have anything done as to what is needed.

I spoke to a couple of local places with my 9j ET17's, they all said they used hammers to knock them out, fill then paint the sides of the car :eek:, something i dont want to get into.