What's new

Hi all!

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@stew7n
Hello everyone!

I recently picked up a totally standard Spec R from a member of the forum and have proceeded to turn it into something straight out of early '00s Japan.

The car was 100% original when it came into my possession, only having been in the UK for several months. On closer inspection it's about 7 shades or 'red' due to fading and some due to suspected incorrectly coloured paint having been used in Japan.

I collected parts for a little while, my focus being suspension>brakes>power and it now proudly sits on AVS Model 5 17x9s, Kaizen Force (OPJP) coilovers and a full compliment of adjustable arms with DW braided hoses performing duties on the brake and clutch lines.

I picked up a NISMO 3in cat back that was in need of a little TLC, the size of the tip is a little offensive but it sits 25mm higher than the standard system and is a decent quality part that provides a pleasant sound until power increases require a larger bore unit.

Otherwise, it's pretty much as standard and for now that's the way it'll stay until I feel fully confident the groundwork for increased power is complete.

I'll start a build thread and document it a little more comprehensively than this little intro too :)

Reaction score
Nice car.

Are you sure that is a Nismo 3" exhaust system? Do you have any more photos of it?

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@stew7n
I meant to take a before and after photo of when I purchased it and when I fitted it after I'd given it some love but I didn't in the end.

It's this one...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@stew7n
Honestly couldn't be happier with a factory red one, just need to get the marks seen to and it all one colour and it'll be spot on :cool:

Although the next task is to make an MOT friendly fog light/switch....thrilling :|

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@stew7n
Welcome to the club!

The car looks great. I think red is my new favourite colour for S15's :smitten:
Nice car bud! I've also recently got a red spec r, they're awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Welcome man! car is looking clean!
Thanks very much guys, it photos nicely but is so many shades of red in reality :|

I've been quoted £2.5k locally to get it sorted out though...so it's gonna stay multi colour for a while I think!

Reaction score
Thats cool, i didnt even realise Nismo made a 3" version, i have the factory option 2.5" Nismo exhaust.