What's new

How much brake fluid for a system flush??

J

japcar_junkie

Im just about to order all my service fluids from Opie and decided to flush my brake fluid this time round, could someone pls advise me on how much i would need to flush the system on an S15. I've searched for the past hour and cant find how much i need to order.

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
I really don't know how much to go off exactly but all I can say is had my brake fluid changed yesterday by trusty local garage who charge set price for this and they told me they used 3 litres of new brake fluid... but the did use one of those flushing pumps which forces all the old fluid out at the nipples so dunno if you'd go through as much doing it yourself?!

MWTech

Trader
Reaction score
3 litres.....cant be surely!

so far in my experience, the most iv ever seen a car ( with abs too ) take was 1.5 litres, and typical sales of the motul stuff i have is 2 tubs, so im assuming theres a lot of cars only take 1 litre

fluid is normally sold in 500ml tubs

a decent fluid with braided brake lines is probably one of the best and cost effective braking mods anyone can do imo

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
should be about 1 litre

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
haha I'll have to ask my garage again! :wack:

They wouldn't have ripped me off cos it's a set price on all brake fluid changes and I didn't supply them the fluid... they had their own...

Reaction score
I had my S14.5 setup without fluid for five years and with ABS and a proper bleed it took 1 bottle of Motul 5.1 exactly. I wanna try again as I still find the brakes a little spongy after my R32 GTR MBC upgrade with R32 booster as well.