What's new

Installing a Greddy Oil Filer Relocation kit

subzero

Reaction score
just bought one of these, it will be with me this week, didnt bother with the oil cooler kit just the relocation kit, as i dont think i need it and the cost difference is masive, and needed it for hooking up gauge sensors.

just wondering has any 1 an engine bay pic so i can get ideas where to cleverly stick the new oil filter ....

there aint much more to fitting these is there, anythign to be carefull of ?

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
It fits well where the the boost sensor is on the RH suspension turret. They aren't difficult to fit as such, just a complete PITA for access. You WON'T be able to do it from the top. Access to tighten the sandwich plate is dire. You will need something to properly cut braided lines too. A diamond tip dremmell bit is good :thumbs:

subzero

Reaction score
yes , it was a big factor in getting the kit, pain in the ass to change the filter, least now, do it once and its easy from here on in.

never thought about the pipes needed cutting, thanks nicely

kit leaving japan today , woohoo :nod:

...still tho any 1 with a few pics , bring em on :cool:

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
I took photos when I fitted mine, but they were mostly crap due to not being able to get clear shots of anything. Pretty much like what you can see... :annoyed:

subzero

Reaction score
bump for pics ..... do you have to make up a bracket to mount it ?? drill any holes ??

what direction did ye go with to mount the filter ??

Reaction score
i would recommend you get some actual jublee clips... the original, the strongest and the best!

i fitted mine with them, and as i've heard of the original fittings coming loose before, with killer outcomes, i filled them with superglue once fitted to stop them undoing! :)

Reaction score
Country
The clips seem fine (2 full grown men couldnt pull the hose off now matter how hard we tried once connected to the adapter...before fitting to the car of course!), you just need to make sure that when you tighten them the excess run of the clip doesnt try to wind itself back into the fitting as it will stop any more of the clip winding out. This can cause the whole fitting to jam up and not tighten properly and maybe bugger the whole clip.

Reaction score
i had a couple where it was if they were "over tightened" and jumped back a few threads.

hence why i changed mine. :)

Reaction score
Country
Yes, dont overtighten them. Of course for piece of mind do as Daz sguggests and change them for even better clips...maybe even add 2 per join if space permits.

Reaction score
i got mine through work,so they didn't cost either. lol

thing with mine were they weren't over tightened..... unless they changed supplier for the clips? cause they're a third party supplied part in the kit.....q

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Mine was Earls too. Never had a problems with those clamps except when I tried to remove the kit. Even with the clamps fully loose, the hoses was a real bitch to remove. I would prefer screw on fittings personally.
I did have one problem with my kit though and that was a blown o-ring which caused a very very small oil-leak.

subzero

Reaction score
another question :

the kit arrived today , suprisingly quick i may ad....

but when then kit is all hooked up , anything to be careful of ?? i fill the oil as usual , it should fill away up the new pipe work fine , yes ??

Reaction score
Country
Just make sure you run the hoses the right way so you dont try and reverse the flow through the filter as it can only go 1 way and you will probably blow an O ring....yes i did do that by not paying attention to what i was doing (only ran it for a second but was enough for the O ring to blow and oil piss everywhere :wack:).

Edit - Oh, also make sure all the sensor adapter holes are blocked with the supplied grub screws, use a bit of plumbers tape to help seal the holes.

V

vti_coupw

any joy with the fitting yet man? im mad too see how it looks, also was it hard to fit?? the usual begginer q's hehe

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
i must admit those kits look cool,but ive never had a problem with the filter where it is, the fact theres a location kit suggests that its caused a lot of people hassle, but i find it quite easy to get to and change....:)