What's new

Open Event: Japfest - 12th May 2012

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Well first off massive thanks to Mike and Sam for organising and helping to make this happen. You gents both deserve medals as I know how much effort goes into sorting out ticket orders, arranging convoys and the general stress of ensuring everybody's happy :thumbs:

Needless to say the S15OC stand looked immense and all cars did the club proud!! It's also the people that really make the club and everyone I was able to speak to were friendly plus chilled out folks :)

I had an absolutely awesome time and from a personal note, I'm delighted at how well the S14a performed out on track. Running pretty much stock performance except for decat, full 3" exhaust, boost controller (1 bar max)... I now truly understand how decent brakes, a good suspension setup combined with dramatic loss of weight can help one compete alongside the higher powered machines. PTW FTW!!! :cool:

Adam - I'll be looking out for pics of yours on the internet... glad you had a good session out there buddy.

Best pics my mates took:

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Great day out guys!

Was nice meeting everyone and having a look at everyone's cars in person :nod:

Not sure who the other guy in the red s15 was but I was really expecting to be the only red S15 at Japfest lol...dam you! Your car was very nice though :cool:

I have got some photos to edit and upload so will do this when I can, as said though where we were didn't present many good photo opportunities and I often had to find a quick break in the crowd and get a snap!

One thing Japfest has done though and thats made me look into trackdays a lot more, I really want to get the S15 on track in the future and once I've invested in some decent brakes and new coilovers I should be good to go. :D

J

Justthejedi

Hi JOR04N, I saw your car last friday early evening @ Jnc 1, Rugby. I did a double-take as when I had my Pewter Grey back in 2009 I didn't see any S15's! When the sun shone on the paintwork, it really "popped" and looked fantastic mate, I must say. Made me think about mine and how much I miss it.:thumbs:

Last edited:

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Careful Jay... once you go out on track you'll be hooked and wanting more upgrades lol :D

No worries Adam... there's more pics on the SXOC media thread with you out on track and Algie's put up a video of him driving and you as the passenger lol :thumbs:

Reaction score
Country
Hi JOR04N, I saw your car last friday early evening @ Jnc 1, Rugby. I did a double-take as when I had my Pewter Grey back in 2009 I didn't see any S15's! When the sun shone on the paintwork, it really "popped" and looked fantastic mate, I must say. Made me think about mine and how much I miss it.:thumbs:

Cheers buddy! I spent all day detailing it :) was covered in dust after about 5min at Japfest :(

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
Yeah seen it thanks, it was Algies GoPro I borrowed, we just filmed it upside down and he hasn't flipped it over yet, so I've watch it back with the laptop upside down lol ;)

No worries Adam... there's more pics on the SXOC media thread with you out on track and Algie's put up a video of him driving and you as the passenger lol :thumbs:

als_jordan

Staff member
Reaction score
When did you arrive???

Again, thanks to Mike and everyone else involved for making this happen today. We should definitely do JAE this year too. It's much more of a sociable event with camping etc :)

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
I parked next to you when you were in your car I think..?! Was late arriving and parked the other way around to everyone else! :)

als_jordan

Staff member
Reaction score
Lol, no way... Well made your point about our position now then...

Saw you arrive whilst we were down by the track but then struggled to identify anyone compared to the crowds of other people...

I parked next to you when you were in your car I think..?! Was late arriving and parked the other way around to everyone else! :)

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
That's why JAE is good, have plenty of chance to chat to people and don't have to park on a dust track!!

Reaction score
Country
Had a great day, only managed to have a chat to a few people as I didn't know who was who with all the people around plus its the first time ive met up with the s15oc so didn't know anyone anyway :p was a shame about the dust but was a great spot to watch the track action :nod: just so you guys know who I was, Im the one with the green chargespeed silvia that looked half asleep for most of the day haha, was up at 4am :(

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
Hey nicko! I spoke to you alittle,I had a black hoodie on wwith my yellow S15 on the front, but yeah your car is real nice, love the wide arches and paint!! and it's great to have a proper ex Japanese demo car with some awesome history. Just imagine where it's been!

Reaction score
Country
Hey sam, yeah I remember having a chat with you :nod: your car looked great too mate, first time ive really seen a yellow one up close :thumbs: yeah my car has most probably been to some pretty big shows in the past but ive had the car around 2 years now and still haven't been able to find any cool pictures of it at any jap events or shows etc :down: only ones I found were the pics on there website lol

Reaction score
Country
Your stand looked good, couldn't have to much of a look around because of the crowds on the corner :( hopefully you guys do it again next year :)

Mike

Reaction score
Country
Cheers Chris :) In the general area have a look at Fruitbooters pics some awesome quality pics of all the stand!

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
Your stand looked good, couldn't have to much of a look around because of the crowds on the corner :( hopefully you guys do it again next year :)
Never did get to meet you chris :( don't think I'll be doing japfest again as it's just too far and this time just put me off but it was great going as a club :)