What's new

Open Event: Japfest Final rendezvous and Convoy thread

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
So I thought best to start the thread as only 4 weeks to go.

The final rendezvous for everyone to meet will be in Chippenham, on bumpers farm industrial estate, in the Pets at home/comet/wickes car park!

RENDEZVOUS

Bumpers Way
Comet/wickes/pets at home car park
Chippenham
England
SN14 6NQ
United Kingdom

Heres what Mike's put as the confirmed Time etc!
TIMES. Im aware not all on the list will see this so i will be sending this out as a PM soon to.

Would like to have those meeting at the address above @ 6:45AM-7AM. Where tickets will be handed out and would like to set off at 7:15AM for the 15min journey to the Track. We are entering bygate C I WILL CONFIRM THE LOCATION OF THIS WHEN THE 2012 MAP IS RELEASED.

With gates opening to the public at 9AM we need to have the stand in acars parked by 7:45AM-8AM latest, allows for cleaning time ect.

I aware this may sound a touch earlier to some. I like my sleep as much as any! This event is one of the biggest in the country and thousands of cars attend, those that have been before know how frustrating it is sitting in the cue in for an hour.

For those not meeting at the above address we ask for you to be at the track by 7:30AM. (Could contact me via pm if you are not attending the convoy please)

I plan to be at the show earlier than this so look for the short bloke with the white silvia. Hopefully the stand map will allow us to map out a parking order then we can start parking up the cars are you arrive.

Last of all another no hooning warning. Anti-social driving including wheel spinning, motorway speed, convoy speed, dangerous overtaking ect is in no way encouraged and WILL NOT be tollerated by S15OC.

Our cars will stand out at the sho
w, lets make it for the right reasons.

I will be at the car park early to reserve spots there as its a common meeting place for clubs because of its central location and size.

CONVOYS

NE (M1,M42)

NW (M6,M5)
1. LuPix Frankley Southbound M5 (J3-J4) 06:00
WALES/WEST (M4 east bound)

EAST/LONDON (M25,M4 west bound)
1.J0R04N Swindon M4 07:00
2.Shifty, Essex, M25

SOUTH (M5 north, A350 etc)
1.als_Jordan, Shepton Mallet, Nth through Bath to Chippenham
2.Mike and gang

These are the general roads etc I guessed everyone would take. Probably what would be best is if people want to convoy down, put your name on the list, with your start point and time of departure, and we can correlate who is going from where and then arange times to meet on route.

Any suggestions please add them in this thread

Last edited:

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
I plan on traveling down on the Friday but still haven't booked anywhere yet. As long as I am about 1 hour away I don't mind where. Will be at the meeting point either way.

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
CONVOYS

NE (M1,M42)

NW (M6,M5)

1. J0R04N Swindon M4 07:00

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@kwalker88
CONVOYS

NE (M1,M42)

NW (M6,M5)

2. Shifty, Essex, M25

als_jordan

Staff member
Reaction score
CONVOYS

NE (M1,M42)

NW (M6,M5)

2. Shifty, Essex, M25

Other
1. als_Jordan, Shepton Mallet, Nth through Bath to Chippenham

Mike

Reaction score
Country
Sorry guys hadnt seen this thread!

You in Shepton als?! Didn't realise you were so close!

I can go Shepton way too its the same time as the 303 way. Bring a few more 15's from Yeovil that way too I imagine! I'll ask them but for now bang me down on the South list Sam :)

als_jordan

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah originally... My folks live in a village just outside Shepton...:thumbs:

I am West London Mostly nowadays but will head down to Them on the Friday as it means I get an extra 30mins in bed :D

Sorry guys hadnt seen this thread!

You in Shepton als?! Didn't realise you were so close!

I can go Shepton way too its the same time as the 303 way. Bring a few more 15's from Yeovil that way too I imagine! I'll ask them but for now bang me down on the South list Sam :)

Reaction score
Country
Think im gonna have to leave about 5 to get to the meeting point for 7 :(

Might just stay up the whole night lol its easier than trying to get a few hours sleep then waking up super tired!

Reaction score
Country
Is anyone driving up to the meeting point from down south? I'll be staying at a friend's house in Fleet on Friday night so if anyone is setting off from that area do you fancy a mini convoy?

The Surrey Scoobies convoy is about an hour later than ours so I have to leave his house an hour before he does! hahaha

Mike

Reaction score
Country
Im on a 5:30am leaving time! :cry: Bit early but the reason I said the time I did is from experience the traffic from 8 onwards is insane. Last year with dc5 everyone was told to get there at half past 7 I got there at 7:15 odd and cruised straight in had time for a clean and a bacon sarnie before the carnage of 40 other clubs trying to all park at once! The year before I was sat in my evo for 45 mins outside watching the petrol gauge go down!

End of the day if we do all end up there a touch early (and grouchy!) hopefully that is better than late and rushed? :)

Reaction score
Country
Oh I completely agree with turning up early, it makes a lot of sense! I just don't like getting up early.

I will be fully cleaning my car when I get there. I'm taking water, buckets, shampoo, polish, wax... everything with me! :D

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Think I will be leaving about 5 as well don't know if the 15 will be making it though :( I not will be in my type r so still map but hopefully will get what I need sorted tomorrow then can test t out Friday ready for the show

Reaction score
Country
Yeah I be leaving at around 5am aswel.

I be buzzing all day so I doubt I get any sleep heh. Shame me bro cant bring his FD. Can't believe she decided to leak from well everywhere :(
I'm sure you be fine Chris.