JTS 2009 - My S15 On Track *Pics & Vids*

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Hola :wave:

As most of you know, JTS is all about getting your own car on track (as well as the EDC and Time Attack!!) and I've been getting a number of things sorted for the 15 over the past few months with the intention of getting my first track experience at this fantastic show. So with two sessions pre-booked over the phone - one at 11.00am and the other at 3.40pm, I was just that little bit more excited when I turned up to Silverstone on Sunday morning :D

After the briefing session I made a few last minute checks (levels and wheel nuts etc) then it was GO... a couple of warm up laps at lower speeds then foot to the throttle and away we went!!

This first session surprised me in the sense that I was dreading what other people would be like on track but TBF, everyone was well behaved. No over-taking on the right, distances were kept and since I left the pits at the very back, it meant I was away from all the traffic :) I was doing pretty well keeping up with a mate of mine just ahead of me but with his FD having more horsepower than mine, he was pulling away nicely on the straights. I reckon we were hitting 110+ mph on the start/finish straight. First corner Copse was a difficult one... go in too hot and there's trouble as it starts to tighten half-way round the bend??!! :wack: A brake fade moment did nearly give me brown pants but luckily, the 15 just seems to grip and grip. If she's pushed very hard then it's mostly understeer... not got the backend out at all throughout the session...

Second session was in the afternoon and I reckon this is the time when your local wannabe racer turns up??!! How different was it from the morning session... people overtaking on the right, aggressive side to side manoevures and one bad-boy Civic had the passenger waving his arms out of an open window dancing to some music - RETARDS!! At least I got to savour some aggressive race-like driving and was doing my best to get past other cars and hitting apexes as close as I dared lol. If my calipers hadn't been knackered then I would have driven much more aggressively but had to keep a real eye on the brakes... they are well and truly fooked!! :(

Enjoyed the two booked sessions so much I went to the office and booked a THIRD session haha :thumbs: This time I took another mate round in the passenger seat and he's subsequently vowed to get himself out on track - it really is addictive!!! This is what owning a car like the Silvia is all about for me (and the drifting hehe)... and I take home more tuning ideas (oh dear). First port of call is an oil cooler as my oil temp was getting up to 120 deg celcius near the end of every 15 minute session - not good. Was the only car running cool down laps AFAIK. Then there's the water temp sensor I need fitting not to mention MORE POWER, MORE BOOOOST!!!

Here's some pics a mate took using my camera at Luffield...

Couple of vids my mate took in the passenger seat:

http://s201.photobucket.com/albums/aa299/raf_dude/?action=view&current=SDC10487.flv

http://s201.photobucket.com/albums/aa299/raf_dude/?action=view&current=SDC10488.flv

Nice1 - bring on the next track day (prob going to Oulton Park)!!! :cool:

James

Last edited:

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Rest of the pics I took from the day... organised a stand for Streetrace (since I'm their official photographer). Our stand got loads of attention since we had Ric (s15rkm) join us - great to meet you buddy :thumbs: plus four fully kitted FD's (x2 FEED, RE-A and Mazdaspeed) as well as some other cracking motors...

A small gathering at 7.00am - Corley services :)

Organising the SR stand...

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Bought my new flash bracket and hotshoe cord I got from Taiwan - works lighting wonders :)

Pimpin' - JDM style lmao...

A real £50 note lacquered into the paintwork - unreal!!!

Chargespeed kitted Impreza has had a fortune spent on it!!

Reaction score
I thought i would add these pictures i took of your guys cars here too, just in case you didn't spot em yet :D

Both looked lovely :thumbs: how are the new Brides? they certainly look the part ;)

subzero

Reaction score
pics are great, cant wait to see the incar vids (cant watch em here in work :( )

the showgirls are hotties too !!

the s15s looked awesome, i love the kitted rex with red rimmage

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Soz Mr Roots82 - missed your thread but seen it now lol :D

Thanks for taking some quality snaps and yeah the Bride seat is awesome - really needed it on track esp when the passengers are complaining they're going all over the place on every corner lol... not me anymore, those bolsters definitely mean business!!

Cheers subzero - my mate who has a camera fixing thing for the car is gonna get a bullet cam to fit on the outside of the car... should be wicked the next time he can follow me and get some awesome 'up close and personal' footage ;)

Reaction score
no unfortunately it was a bit of a last minute decision to go, so i was rocking it in public parking :rotfl:

that bonnet would really suit your car bud, you'll have to get onto EPRacing to get you one :thumbs:
Really liking the rear diffuser too, looked awesome in person, made the rear look very aggressive :cool:

subzero

Reaction score
the track looks cool , so much wider than mondello (our main track here in ireland) , funny how quiet your car is and you fair fly by the civic too :cool:

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
lol public parking FTW!!! Plenty of space for driiifting I would have thought :rotfl:

Yeah I'm really glad I fitted the diffuser - helps to bulk up the rear and I'm sure with the BGW combined, the rear is pushed down on fast corners - I was trying my hardest to get the back end out but it would not come out??!! :wack: Understeer sucks :(

Yeah I'll be speaking to EPRacing about the bonnet :nod:

subzero - I've got the HKS Silent Hi-Power so it's pretty well behaved in the sound department. Hopefully a decat will bring out the sound more when she's on track etc...

Reaction score
lol public parking FTW!!! Plenty of space for driiifting I would have thought :rotfl:

Yeah I'm really glad I fitted the diffuser - helps to bulk up the rear and I'm sure with the BGW combined, the rear is pushed down on fast corners - I was trying my hardest to get the back end out but it would not come out??!! :wack: Understeer sucks :(

Yeah I'll be speaking to EPRacing about the bonnet :nod:

subzero - I've got the HKS Silent Hi-Power so it's pretty well behaved in the sound department. Hopefully a decat will bring out the sound more when she's on track etc...
The bonnet was from AmberPerformance James not sure if Jeff can get Seibon Carbon goodies.
Was great to finally meet you lookin forward to the next meeting hopefully USC. My HKS Silent Hi-Power is fitted with a de-cat and its still pretty quiet most people expect a fast car to make lots of noise so when I leave there stunned faces in a cloud of tyre smoke it puts a big smile on my face:wack:. I liked the diffuser also mate may have to look into gettin myself one of those but im savin for some of these at the moment:wack:

And yes its the CarbonKevlar ones Im after:D
Great pics mate and thanks to the Streetrace guys also.

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Hey!! Nice1 Ric - was great meeting you and Michelle :)

I hope you get the diffuser sorted but let me know if you require are details etc. Those Brides are bad-ass!!! As much as I liked the stock seat, when you're talking track and drift action, a set of Brides are THE business lol :D

Hope to see you at USC with us lot... should be yet another MAD party haha!!!!

Reaction score
Was great to finally meet you to James. Lookin to get the diffuser but I think the Brides may have to come first so its gotta take a back seat at the moment.Hope to make USC in both cars I am just waiting for a reply to the post I have posted so we will see. May even quater mile the cars on the day as we can only make the Sunday.Hope to see you there:thumbs:

Reaction score
Website
www.skewer.co.uk
Country
Very nice pics, and cool vids too :D Did a few trackdays in my 'youth' and thoroughly enjoyed them, did Silverstone too on the full F1 curcuit which was awesome.

I suspect the diffuser helped quite a bit at keeping the rear end planted, that's what they're for ;)

Those Bride seats must cost a fortune too, but they'll be tip top :D

Reaction score
Very nice pics, and cool vids too :D Did a few trackdays in my 'youth' and thoroughly enjoyed them, did Silverstone too on the full F1 curcuit which was awesome.

I suspect the diffuser helped quite a bit at keeping the rear end planted, that's what they're for ;)

Those Bride seats must cost a fortune too, but they'll be tip top :D
I think they are around £3,500 for both including the rails:wack: