What's new

Leaking - Help!

Darren_S15

Club Event Orgainser
Reaction score
Country
I have not driven my car for about 2 weeks now.

Got in and drove about 20 miles today to my girlfriends house, drove it quite hard once it had warmed up.

When I later moved the car into the garage I noticed a green liquid on the floor, and its still dripping out slowly over the garage floor.

I did not notice a leak on the garage at my house so I assume it only just started.

Im guessing this is engine coolant as this is always green and I do not know of any other green liquid in my car.

It seems to be dripping down from around the passenger side of the front ARB.

Has anyone got any ideas where this might be comming from?

Its not gushing out but I need to fix it and hope its just a lose pipe.

There is nothing else mixed in with the liquid, its just green.

Can anyone help me out or point in the right direction?

Thanks,

Darren

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
it sounds definately like coolant. ARB? I would check for a loose clamp or a split in one of your hoses.

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
its gonna 100% be ur turbo inlet or outlet hose......its common dont worry

just pick up from braided hose from aprx gb and get them replaced along with the oil feed pipe aswell...

dont leave it sort it out asap other wise it will get worse get the hoses and make sure u get it done and fill up the water before u take the car to the garage and drive it slow otherwise it could over heat...

Reaction score
yea, my money would be on turbo lines too. that's the only water feed that area of the block!

how far you thinkin' of going with the car? manifold and elbow change whilst you're at it??? gasket change for certain!!!!

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
:nod: Turbo water fees are the first place to check. If it is, fit braided lines. They can be fitted without removing the turbo, though they are a fiddle. The turbo has to come off the fit the oil line.

J

jhinchy

I had a similar situation when i first got my 15, 2 New copper washers and it sealed perfect:thumbs:

Reaction score
Wouldn't have if the one of the solid pipes had cracked. That's usually what happens.
Hi Nicely,

Looks like its a common problem...my mileage is currently almost 50000km...what mileage will you advise to change to braided lines?

:thumbs:

Darren_S15

Club Event Orgainser
Reaction score
Country
Hi guys,

Sorry Ive not updated this but my internet has been down all weekend.

Yeah you are all correct, its the turbo outlet pipe that is leaking, not sure if its just the washer or the pipe itself.

But Im going to listen to the wise and go for the braided lines.

I will take the turbo off becasue then I can replace the gaskets as I have no idea if they have been done before.

Dazz0i, I already have a nice exhaust manifold and turbo elbow :)

Just to confirm these are what I need yeah?

http://www.apexperformance.co.uk/ca...90&PHPSESSID=9e222ac40e93e120c8deadbd2965ed45

http://www.apexperformance.co.uk/ca...89&PHPSESSID=9e222ac40e93e120c8deadbd2965ed45

Ill hopefully get this all sorted this weekend.

Which gaskets will I need if I remove it (turbo to elbow / exhaust manifold / intake to turbo)?

Last edited:

Darren_S15

Club Event Orgainser
Reaction score
Country
Oh yeah and I ended up getting my car taken home on the back of a recovery truck.

Ive got RAC onward travel breakdown cover.

I did set off on my 20 mile journey home with the intention of stopping every 2 miles to check it.

After the first stop I looked under the car to see quite alot of coolant comming out, which was when I thought its not worth the risk, espceically if I have cover.

Was sad to see my car on the back of a lorry, but atleast it was there with only a leak and not a fecked engine :)

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
I'd go to Hose Solutions unless you like paying £60 over the odds. Apex are very rarely the best price for stuff... ;) Hose Solutions are good :)

EDIT: Beaten to it :p

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
I'd go to Hose Solutions unless you like paying £60 over the odds. Apex are very rarely the best price for stuff... ;) Hose Solutions are good :)

EDIT: Beaten to it :p
:rotfl:shouldn't of told me where you got your hoses from then:D

Darren_S15

Club Event Orgainser
Reaction score
Country
Cheers Dean.

So where is the best place to get all four turbo gaskets (exhuast inlet, exhaust outlet, intake inlet, intake outlet), turbo elbow to front pipe, and exhaust manifold gaskets from?

Will the standard gaskets be OK if I have a none standard manifold and elbow as I cannot work out what make these parts are?

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
I got mine before Hose Solutions were properly on the scene. :) They did some 15mm braided hoses for my catch tank though :)

So where is the best place to get all four turbo gaskets (exhuast inlet, exhaust outlet, intake inlet, intake outlet), turbo elbow to front pipe, and exhaust manifold gaskets from?
Japan. Turbo gasket is £7.50. Check what the UK price is... Get the later S15 gasket. It a much better design.

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
i got mine from nissan for the turbo gaskets (to dump pipe) on a 2 day wait - i had been told not to use anything else on or around the turbo than genuine nissan ones - although jez (h-dev) has come out with a multi layer metal gasket that's supposed to be good....manifold flanges normally remain the same from one to another so the head to manifold gasket will remain as standard, the manifold to turbo should also be the same unless you have a non standard turbo setup - which iirc you dont.

i think hose solutions sell the banjo bolts and copper washers as well. not sure what you meant about inlet gaskets though? are you required to remove the inlet?

besides tbh i dont think ive been around here long enough to give 100% accurate advice, so please wait for someone to confirm what i've said!:thumbs:

edit: touche!

Darren_S15

Club Event Orgainser
Reaction score
Country
Japan. Turbo gasket is £7.50. Check what the UK price is... Get the later S15 gasket. It a much better design.
Is that just for the one gasket?

Ive got these codes for the gaskets:

"REMOVED PART NUMBERS SO NOT TO CONFUSE PEOPLE!"

Is it worth me even trying Nissan UK for these parts?

If Im going to have the turbo off is it worth wrapping my turbo elbow while I can get to it?

Last edited:

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Yes, just the main turbo to mani gasket. If you can wait a week or so, you can get all the gaskets from Japan for at least half the UK price (via Perfectrun). Don't forget you need plate locks for the turbo nuts and copper/brass nuts to replace all the existing nuts. You will note that the PN on the gasket I showed is different to the one you have listed...