What's new

Lights not working

Reaction score
Hey guys, i currently have no lights in my dash, rear tail lights or my parkers when my car is turned on. I think i have blown a fuse but i am not 100% sure. I was just looking at the pin out diagram of the fuse box but i still aint 100% on which fuse to replace. Can someone please help me out here :)

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
I think it is fuse 39 that is blown, also called the tail light fuse. It is in fuse block E8 which is under the bonnet.

Fuse block pic here

Reaction score
Just wondering, if i replace that 1 particular fuse, will the lights on my dash be fixed as well?

meddler

Staff member
Reaction score
Country
I think so. It looks like they all come off the same fuse. Let us know how you go with it.

Reaction score
I had the problem where I had two fuses pop on me, one for the rear wiper and washer motor and one for all the dash lighting. The one for the dash lighting was actually in the engine bay fusebox, was a 10A I think. Popped it in and presto all the interior lights work similar situation with the rear wiper and motor. Only issue I have now is that my house light switch has three positions, OFF/DOOR/ON. Thing is that it is fine in the OFF position and the ON position as it uses the screws on the housing to make the circuit to keep it on but in the center position DOOR it is still on. So somewhere abouts I am thinking that the circuit is remaining open as I think when the door is open it closes the circuit and lights the house light. Any thoughts on this problem?

meddler

Staff member
Reaction score
Country
it uses the door switch to provide a ground to the interior light when the door is open (ie. turning the light on). You may have a broken door switch or the wiring has chaffed and is shorted to ground all the time.

Reaction score
My lights are all working now :) i replaced the 10A fuse and everything worked perfectly fine:) thanks heaps meddler

meddler

Staff member
Reaction score
Country