What's new

Mike's Spec-R

Mike

Reaction score
Country
I love it Mike, I am jealous :D
Cheers man :)

Finished off the Gizzmo unit in the car, happy with how it looks. Subtle.

Had strut brace turn up to, going to paint the end first before fitting.

Unpacked the ab88 to have a look, off snowboarding again saturday so got to wait a white to fit it :(

Back to the Gizzmo can anyone confirm that this is in right or more importantly wrong?

Mike

Reaction score
Country
Evening fella's anyone have a chance to look at the above picture (two posts up!) taa :)

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Mike - I'm 99% certain that Gizzmo install is wrong buddy...

Going from one side directly through to the other side which IIRC is using Port 1 & Port 2 should be for an externally 'gated turbo setup and I'm sure you said you've got a stock T28 turbo etc. When I recently fitted my MS-2 EBC I had to use Port 2 and Port 3 so it's more like an 'L' shape configuration with the vacuum pipes + ports. The unused Port 1 should then face vertically downwards when mounted inside the engine bay.

Hope this makes sense. I'm sure I posted a thread about my old Gizzmo install on my previous S15... I'll have a dig around for it!

Last edited:

Mike

Reaction score
Country
Cheers dude, was the sort of answer I was looking for. I followed the external waste gate instructions?! Instructions with it expect you to know what your doing. Far from idiot proof. As i've found!

Ill have a play when I get back.

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
lol no worries mate - if you're running stock turbo you definitely need to use the 'internal wastegate' part of the instructions so deffo 'L' shaped port setup configuration NOT from one side and out the other as you've got in your original pic...

Mike

Reaction score
Country
Smallish update, been ripping her to pieces over past two morning to fit the autobahn cooler. Getting there.

Getting the stock one out is like solving a rubiks cube!

Now looks like this, looking all sorry for herself!

Gonna try mount the cooler tomorrow morning and source a 80- 86 holesaw. :)

Reaction score
Country
Looking good mike. 86 will be better so that you can add a piece of rubber trim around the hole to neaten things up. Also rub a bit of wax oil or hamerrite to prevent it rusting. And then the same on the chassis cones :) keep up the good work! :)

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Slightly concerned by the various hacksaws and tin snips! ;)

Hope it goes well. Don't chop anything you don't have to. Mine fitted beautifully without chopping the chassis legs up but you may have to modify the brackets slightly, or make new ones.

Mike

Reaction score
Country
Looking good mike. 86 will be better so that you can add a piece of rubber trim around the hole to neaten things up. Also rub a bit of wax oil or hamerrite to prevent it rusting. And then the same on the chassis cones :) keep up the good work! :)
Yeah going to hammer a 86mm bosch through it. Gonna get some treatment stuff as there a touch on one of the rails so while im there going to do that too. :)

Hope it goes well. Don't chop anything you don't have to. Mine fitted beautifully without chopping the chassis legs up but you may have to modify the brackets slightly, or make new ones.
Hah! It like a 5 yard walk from the garage so i just grabbed the lot! Started the splash try with a tile saw as the cars on a slope it was a pain with the hacksaw, plastic was insanely tough to!

Cheers, Im going to try fit with cutting the least amount off possible so fingers crossed.

I'll update you all tomorrow on how it goes. Looks like rain though so the gazebo might be coming out. Yay! :rant:

Reaction score
Country
Which spec of gizzmo is it you went for Mike and where did you get it from if you dont mind me asking cheers mate . love how the unit fits inthe dash:smitten::smitten:

Mike

Reaction score
Country
Thanks guys. :)
Which spec of gizzmo is it you went for Mike and where did you get it from if you dont mind me asking cheers mate . love how the unit fits inthe dash:smitten::smitten:
Its Just the standard Gizzmo MS-IBC electronic boost controller, i bought it from Apex just before they released a new model so was 160odd instead of 200. :)

Right the bit you've been waiting for!

90% finished the cooler install. Got off to a bad start the alarm started to go off everytime the battery was disconnected. Ended up ripping the siren out wrapping it in a beanie and wedging it in the sock draw till it stopped going off, right pain but nevermind.

Pictures.

Fitted some pipework first then the cooler then the otherside and then wiggled it about. It does take some wobbling about but misses the bumper, misses the fogs(just) and didn't have to cut the chassis nose. only had to belt the drivers side with a hammer a little :thumbs: Yee haa!

Drilling the hole was a blast, we got it spot on even if we do say so ourselves!

Im going to order a new washer bottle as mine doesnt want to fit, thats the only downside that i can see. :)

:)

Reaction score
Country
Mate awsome job so far, makes me so jealous that I don't have one yet. I'm getting mine through torque gt, can't wait to get it.

Mike

Reaction score
Country
Cheers guys! Its a task but the Autobahn kit is a goer. I approve.

I thought it was either Apex on Horsham but someone sells a slimline bottle. I cant find it though. Anyone have a link or know? Before i have to melt mine? :)

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Nice job Mike! Love your 15... so clean and tidy :thumbs:

This looks exactly like the apex one mate ;)

http://bit.ly/FPW0F3
Yep ^^^ that's the one I bought for my 14a off fleaBay although I'm still waiting to get round to fitting it!

Craig - hacksaws + cable ties were invented for car modifying!! lol :D :p