What's new

Mike's Spec-R

Reaction score
Country
just a quick one Mike where did you wire in pos &neg on the gizzmo pics if poss By the way cars lookin great mate.

Mike

Reaction score
Country
Thanks man. I got it from the cig lighter. Needed to be a ignition live and that seemed ideal. :)

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Yeah if you could mate that would be awesome , just a bit worried that it might wear the bolster fabric quite quickly if it's constantly in contact with the panel?!
with replacing the centre I you can use a sewing machine then u will be fine , if your not that confident and your mate can do it cheap then get them to do it mate , saves the hassle if something goes wrong ;)

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
I've replaced a bolster on my old dc5 so pretty happy with doing that myself but didn't realise they were that easy to re-trim? Not sure if it's something fancied doing myself I can see them looking like someone stapled a bin bag to it! But if you guys reckon it's that easy might look into it.
I've got a spare base and back from an EK9/Recaro Speed seat you can have for cheaps if you like to practise on. Thinking about it, you may be better off paying to get it done as it's got the plastic slat things at the ends, but it wouldn't be much as there is naf all to it.

:)

Mike

Reaction score
Country
Cheers Craig but yeah give it a miss I think, wouldn't know which way up a sewing machine would go!

Got some pics from manifold and fitting of some bits and pieces. Excuse my heat wrapping I'd never done it before. Tone has changed slightly but isn't much louder, does feel like turbo winds up faster though so all good. Heat wrap stinks to! :)

Old.

New.

Old elbow and front vs new Tomei and front pipe.

Fitted.

Gizzmo to re-fit and finish then will be time to book it in for pump and remap. :)

Chris I'll grab some Recaro pics for you tomorrow morning as haven't fitted the other one yet!

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Cheers buddy!no worries mate whenever won't be this month I look to do it anyways now as just bought a load of bits for my car lol
looking good man, I definitely noticed a change in tone and seemed more eager to hit the redline too when I changed mine

Last edited:

Mike

Reaction score
Country
Sorry to peg totally forgot to take better pics but I have some of the recaro's in at least.

Snapped this of Dean.

And taking it easy bolting her on!

And some random dirty posing.

:)

Mike

Reaction score
Country
Cheers bud, put on h-dev manifold, Tomei turbo elbow, ths front pipe and de-cat. Twinned up with the Blitz Nur spec that I already on. It seems to spool faster I feel but get some boost creep I think now. Hell of a exhaust note now, pops and bang all over the show!

I'll take some fitment pics of the seats at some point mate! Happy with them, might not even re-trim them... Not sure!

Reaction score
Country
No flames yet? Those recaro's look pretty similar to the ones in a DC2 Integra, and they're pretty comfy and supportive too, I imagine it's quite a nice improvement from the standard pews.

Mike

Reaction score
Country
Haven't seen any flames yet, might have to get the GoPro on the bumper!

Yeah the Recaro's are specifically out of an Evo4 but essentially they are the same seat as in a dc2. Super comfy, after having a dc5 and moving to fixed Brides you realise how sweet you have it with the Recaro's!

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
I like how they look tbh
if I were to re do them I would do them like type r seats with the completely red centre that would look nice!!
yeah I agree the mani /elbow make it sound awesome!but I too suffer a little boost creep now, hopefully fix it once I fit my ebc though .
Cars coming together nicely mate!! Keep at it!

Last edited:
Reaction score
very nice and interesting built mate...
your car is very nice and clean... and yeah..those Recaro's are comfy.. I have them in my s15 too...:D

Mike

Reaction score
Country
hopefully fix it once I fit my ebc though .
Cars coming together nicely mate!! Keep at it!
Cheers bud, yeah i really need to get that ebc fitted been putting it off for ages :/

very nice and interesting built mate...
your car is very nice and clean... and yeah..those Recaro's are comfy.. I have them in my s15 too...:D
Cheers mate, she's coming along :)

Daveizz

Reaction score
Country
Really nice car mate, love the combo of JDM wheels and Aero kit!!!!
White on white is awesomeness, got it myself as well:nod:

Mike

Reaction score
Country
Cheers Daveizz :)

Couple of pics from the Simply Japanese Show this weekend. Bit pic heavy sorry.

Friends GTT and R33.