Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Yes, its true!!

Couldn't believe it. Got the usual advisories: braided hoses need grommets in the coilovers, pads are low, rear suspension arm has slight play in pin/bush (going to get them to show me exactly which one, as they're all pillowball... :rolleyes: ).

So, what did it fail on? Only this fooking thing!!?! :furious::censored:

Yep, that's my HKS Silent Hi-Power! Must have been some stress going on there... Grrr. Got to get it welded tomorrow... :yawn:

Reaction score
they weren't ever going to pass mine for grommets on the coilovers for the big brake kit.... lol

they're bein' complete cocks these days about MOT's....

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
To be fair, that bracket is a clear failure. Its the last thing I'd have expected and looked for...

P

Pazz

Is that on the rear tail silencer? I'd suggest taking a quick look at the hangers Nicely, they may be kaput or could benefit from a dab of grease to maintain the flexibility. They can get pretty caked on and rigid which doesnt help things.

If I've learnt anything in life - its that it's always a good idea if the MOT technician is a friend :D

Reaction score
yea, the bracket is a fail....

could've happened if you reversed into a parking bay and caught it on a kerb??? i've noticed when i've reversed into some bays, it's been EXTREMELY close to some kerb's! lol

i've managed not to hit one to date though.....touch wood! :)

japmadlad

Reaction score
Country
same thing happened my exhaust a couple of months ago. got a lad in work to weld it up for nothing :D

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Yeah, there is a kerb at work which could have caused that :nod: They welded it for a tenner, though didn't do a fantastic job as it leaks in three places round the weld. They'll be sorting that...