What's new

Motor Meter Racing Boost gauge help

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
Hi Guys..

My s15 started life as a non spec R so I haven't got the pillar boost gauge. So when I bought the car the lad had a crappy ebay one installed in the middle centre air vent, which didn't work. So from recommendations from this site I went for the Motor Metter Racing Black face gauge. (in the wrong size though but that's my fault, I got a 52mm but needed the 60mm ).

Now I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong, as it won't read the boost, all it dose is just pulse from 0.2 to 0.8 even if its off or on boost.

I had to run a new pipe in as I couldn't find the original one, so I ran it into the engine bay and there was already a cut with a joint so I just used that. The pipe I used was the same pipe the boost controller uses, and I get a reading no problem on that.

So if anyone can work out what I'm doing wrong from that, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
what gauge is it? the only motor meter gauges i'd use are the stepper motor ones - the rest im not sure about and may be innaccurate?

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
mines tee'd from the same pipe as the boost controller (fpr hose) and i havent had a problem. i can only suggest checking all your connections for something wrong or a poor connection. i know that the guy has a good returns policy from his reputation - try giving him a call....

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
sorted... I just had to push down hard one the connection to the vacum pipe... so just need to swap it for a 60mm now... if I can't swap it with rspec, I'll have a mint 52mm gauge for sale soon :)

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
Just like to say a big thanks to the guys at www.rspec.co.uk , as they have agreed to swap the gauge for a 60mm. They didn't have to, as I've already used all the bits to plumb it in, so couldn't return the full product, but they will just swap the gauges for me :) :)

Darren_S15

Club Event Orgainser
Reaction score
Country
I used one of these from RSpec too.

I ordered it and it arrived the next morning, great service :thumbs: