What's new

My daily pearl white

bzh kevin

Reaction score
Country
Was any of this rust visible from the outside before this work started? It makes me scared to find out what's going on under the paint on mine
There was definitely surface rust underneath and some discoloration happening around the strut tower panels . The guy doing the work told me the sills and engine bay almost always end up hiding something .
The C-pillar did really surprise me as there was only a small 3mm hole visible on the panel .
I daily drove my car for 7 years no matter the season or weather so rust was going to happen sooner or later .

bzh kevin

Reaction score
Country
Last update from HTDevelopments before Christmas . The metal work is nearly done, there is only the driver side rear rail to put back on the car and check behind the last quarter panel to make sure no rust is left .
DRIVER_SILL_REPAIR_3.jpgDRIVER_SILL_REPAIR_2.jpgDRIVER_SILL_REPAIR_1.jpgPASSENGER_SEAL_REPAIR_FINISH_3.jpgPASSENGER_SEAL_REPAIR_FINISH_2.jpgPASSENGER_SEAL_REPAIR_FINISH_1.jpg

bzh kevin

Reaction score
Country
FINAL_SILL_REPAIR_1.jpgFINAL_SILL_REPAIR_2.jpgFINAL_SILL_REPAIR_3.jpgFINAL_SILL_REPAIR_4.jpgFINAL_SILL_REPAIR_5.jpg

The rear arch lip has been removed and replaced by a rod . This will free some space for my rear new wheels while keeping a clean look as well as getting rid of the panels overlap where rust starts .

PASSENGER_ARCH_LIP_REMOVAL_1.jpgPASSENGER_ARCH_LIP_REMOVAL_2.jpgPASSENGER_ARCH_LIP_REMOVAL_3.jpgPASSENGER_ARCH_LIP_REMOVAL_4.jpg

bzh kevin

Reaction score
Country
New update from HTDevelopments . The driver quarter panel was removed . We were expecting it to be the cleaner side, unfortunately there was quite a lot of rust hiding there as well .
DRIVER_PANEL_REMOVAL_1.jpgDRIVER_PANEL_REMOVAL_2.jpgDRIVER_PANEL_REMOVAL_3.jpgDRIVER_PANEL_REMOVAL_4.jpgDRIVER_PANEL_REMOVAL_5.jpgDRIVER_PANEL_REMOVAL_6.jpgDRIVER_PANEL_REMOVAL_7.jpg

bzh kevin

Reaction score
Country
Last nasty little surprise to deal with and this is officially the end of the metal work !

DRIVER_QUATER_PANEL_FINAL_1.jpgDRIVER_QUATER_PANEL_FINAL_2.jpgDRIVER_QUATER_PANEL_FINAL_3.jpgDRIVER_QUATER_PANEL_FINAL_4.jpgDRIVER_QUATER_PANEL_FINAL_5.jpgDRIVER_QUATER_PANEL_FINAL_6.jpgDRIVER_QUATER_PANEL_FINAL_7.jpg

bzh kevin

Reaction score
Country
Now all the rust and welding has been dealt with, the guys at HTDevelopments started prepping the underfloor . Hopefully it's all smooth sailing from now on .
PRIMER_1.jpgPRIMER_2.jpgPRIMER_3.jpgPRIMER_4.jpgPRIMER_5.jpgPRIMER_6.jpg

bzh kevin

Reaction score
Country
Latest update from HTDevelopments . Stone chipping protection and coat of white now applied .

STONE_SHIPPING_1.jpgSTONE_SHIPPING_2.jpgSTONE_SHIPPING_3.jpg
WHITE_COAT_1.jpgWHITE_COAT_2.jpgWHITE_COAT_3.jpgWHITE_COAT_4.jpgWHITE_COAT_5.jpgWHITE_COAT_6.jpgWHITE_COAT_7.jpg