What's new

My k20 ek build

Reaction score
Country
They certainly look a lot more interesting textured! Was going to get my ep3 cover done in the black before it went!

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Yeah man must admit I like the wrinkle effect on certain things . If done right can really look nice!! Will get around to painting everything in a couple of months time I should think

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Spent a little bit of time on it today sorting out the inner arches, fitted the dc2 rear arms and brakes then cut down the extended wheels studs so I can fit the wheels without silly spacers ha ha took it back to bare metal where there was surface rust

Then etch primed it

Then a good couple of coats of stonechip

Then fitted up the arms

Fitted tyres to the rear wheels and test fitted with spacers ha ha

It's going to look awesome when is done

I will be painting all the arms etc when I rebush everything, for now I just want it running to see what I need to upgrade /replace
also had a nice little touch, for once the car saved me money! Being a pre facelift car I assumed he had painted the rear lights because they were the rubbish pre facelift ones. I decided to clean them up and turns out they are facelift lights!! Well chuffed as saved me £100, look so nice too!

Will give them a polish should come up like new!
Got a little more welding to do tomorrow on the front inner arch and then will be cracking on trying to get it running !

Where I left it today.
Also got some nice pictures of the rad/fan set up and the ram intake too

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Can't wait to see this car in the flesh Chris looks sweet. You know that texture/stipple effect paint you was going to do the rocker cover in- well is it a special paint additive or is it a seperate stipple later you spray on? And also can you use it with 2 pack colour or dies it have to be water based? AND- is the lacquer normal 2 pack or do you need to add something to it to withstand engine temps? �� that is all

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
So long old day but it's starting to finally look like a car and I'm getting a bit excited .
Start of the day my new civic driveshaft cv's turned up to make my hybrid shafts ( fit the civic outer cv onto the ep3 shafts and inners

Finished off the welding and stone chip on the front inner arches then fitted up the suspension with new ball joints, track rod arms and the driveshafts

Trial fitted with the 300mm accord type r discs

I then stripped the paint from my spare rocker cover ready to go when I get my paint

Degreased and cleaned all the inside and removed the gaskets as I will replace them all

Messed about with the shifter box too which is fully awesome

While the stone chip was out decided to do the inside of the arches too just for a little extra protection

End of the day it's finally starting to look like a car! The 5 stud hub conversion is all finished now, abs removed all I need now is for my calipers to be rebuilt for the front and that's the chassis all done . Will be concentrating on getting the car running now. In the mean time this is how she is standing

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13

Very happy with the progress! Is crazy to think I have only actually had 9-10 days on he car to get it to this stage! Can't wait to get my workshop could probably do one in a fortnight !

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Can't wait to see this car in the flesh Chris looks sweet. You know that texture/stipple effect paint you was going to do the rocker cover in- well is it a special paint additive or is it a seperate stipple later you spray on? And also can you use it with 2 pack colour or dies it have to be water based? AND- is the lacquer normal 2 pack or do you need to add something to it to withstand engine temps? �� that is all
Thanks buddy, it should be pretty sweet when it's done!
I'm not doing the rocker in the wrinkle effect just the intake mani. You can buy it in a can vht wrinkle black or red , just rattle can apart it on and is vht so high temp paint . http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=281516656057
If you use proper 2k lacquer you don't need additives etc for high temp, have painted brake calipers with it and has been fine, I would think if you wanted to get a wrinkle finish and then paint over it that would also be ok .

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Today I modified my bonnet ( read cut a chunk out of the inner structure) as the pipe on the top of the rbc seemed to be hitting and pushing the bonnet up causing a high spot.
I decided to paint it seeing as j was going to be working on it anyway

Nothing too major at least.
The rest of inside was pretty mint bar a few places where the sealer was sticking out from the webbing, so I cut that back wherever it was showing just to tidy it up. It's all in the details

Because it was mint inside I just gave it a scotch and wet on wet painted it

I have started to think this bronze would actually be really nice shiny after a nice heavy wet coat you can see it would !

After the matt lacquer

Another little job ticked off the list!

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Decided to smooth my rocker cover and prime that ready for paint. It's all about the little details

Don't like the silly pointless lines so I removed them

Smooth is always better

And that goes for the rest of the cover too , I can't stand wobbly edges and pointless press marks ha ha

Bye bye

Then it went in the booth got cleaned and a good few coats of high build so I can get it really smooth. May even wet flat it

Now I'm off home for a few more beers to see the new year in. Happy new year everyone!

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Not much to update . Did a few bits today, started wiring up the engine, fitted the rad in its final position with all hoses etc flatted back the rocker cover ready for paint and prepped the rear of the car ready for stone chip. Painted under the slam panel satin black just to give it a few extra coats so it doesn't rust. I then Started the filler work on the arches as I will need to get that sorted before i can drive it really . Did a walk around of the bonnet too so you get a better idea of the colour .
https://vimeo.com/115768941
Final touches on the bonnet

Rear panel prepped

Test fitted the rear lights too and they look so much better now they aren't black!

Arch repairs

Rad and hoses in position , so much k tuned goodness

Some pics of the front end too, proper in love with this set up

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Don't know how much I'm going to get done on this now. Lad I work with walked out on our first day back as the boss rang up screwing about nothing as usual ha ha so it's all on me ! Still thought while I was at work sat would bare metal the arse and get that in stone chip, still need to do a bit more on the arches then the shell will be ready to rock!

Bumper was primed but found some dirty galges in it so going to sort them and re prime it

Not much else to tell really. Started a bit of the wiring loom ....

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Had a bit of space in the workshop this weekend so decided to finally finish off the arch repairs on my car. Was a long old job, put about 20 hours into them this weekend but it was Defo worth it !

Bye bye green!

Primed the bumper up today as well

Back onto wiring it all up now. Going to fit the panels all back on so hopefully be able to drive it soon

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Putting as many hours into the civic as ican , want it running ASAP
Anyways I am too tired to do a write up so will just post loads of pics

This evening I changed the rocker and started fitting all the door rubbers back on and fitted the boot properly with all the tailgate lights etc got all the locks back in and adjusted the bonnet

Bonnet will be getting painted again when I do the roof and rear bumper then it's just finish wiring it all up

Reaction score
Country
Nice work dude, I miss my old black EK.

I've got a set of 15" Bronze TE37 from my EK9 if your interested.

Reaction score
Country
it looks quite sleeper actually :) should look dead smart when finished

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Thanks guys! I'm really happy with the colour combo

That's the idea man, keep it looking sleeper ! Going to tint the rear windows and leave the interior stripped , probably carpet the front half and retrim the doors . It will be a weapon ,really tempted by the full race turbo kit too now get the 15 finished first
I would be very interested in the te37 If they were 16" !! I have the 300mm accord type r twin Piston calipers going on so wouldn't fit under 15's unfortunately !! Thanks for the offer though , one of my favourite wheels