Tomei ECU
Red Dot Vented, drilled discs.
Walbro Fuel pump.

Tomorrow:

Apex Coilovers
Rear lights
Whilteline anti roll bars

Oh and up the boost to 1.1 bar :)

Happy days. The car is great. Really turns heads. Pics up tomorrow.

Reaction score
I saw you on Victoria Road in Old Town last night. I had my Pewter S15 parked up while I was waiting for my curry with the missus. Car looks good :)

Talk about two rare cars in the same colour in the same town, highly unlikely. That's the first time I've ever seen an S15, ever, apart from my own.

Reaction score
Hehe, what are the odds on that? We definitely have to meet up (I'm in Nythe). I was just out for a trial run after fitting the ECU and Fuel pump. Unfortunately I've not got the manual for the EVC-S and did not want to play around with it at night. I've only seen a couple of others in the flesh and that's in about 4 years!!

Just read one of your latest threads and your S15 looks great. That's where mine wants to be soon.

Reaction score
Yeah, we should. I was over at the Greenbridge car wash giving the car a well deserved clean yesteday afternoon. I was the only person sad enough to clean behind the spokes and inner rims on my wheels then hand dry the car. While I was doing that I got the better half to vacuum the inside:D.

My missus is the one that lives in Swindon, over in Old Town by Bells tyres, but i'm here quite often with her. If you need a hand with any big jobs, i'm fairly good with a spanner, give us a shout.

Reaction score
Hehe, might just take you up on that :) Sad? I've just cleaned mine inside as well. Must be an S-body thing ;)
Done the front coilovers and ARBs, just the rear to go.

Anyone got a manual for a HKS EVC-S?

Reaction score
You'll have to let me know how you find the anti roll bars, it looks like i've just got my hands on a set for the front and rear too.

Reaction score
Rear coilovers and ARBs done. A bit too low though. I've got to keep the height the same as the Nismos as I'm not having the alignment done again yet and the arches are not rolled. Just noticed I need new front tyres though. Damn.

Just the rear R34 rears brakes/calipers and front R32 calipers to go on now. I think I'll get a refurb kit for the fronts though.

Reaction score
And.... some pics :) I know the front is a little high, but I wanted to keep the geometry the same for now.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Nice and tidy mate :thumbs:
Thanks mate. It's getting there :) Noticed though that the gearbox input shaft bearing is on it's way out :( It's making quite a racket when you lift off the clutch pedal (engage), but the noise goes away when you press the pedal (engage). I think this does indicate that it's the shaft bearing and not the release. Luckily I have a spare :), but I'll still have to get it refurbed. Can these bearings be sourced from anywhere? And is it an easy job?

Couple of things still left to do though. Main one is the R34 brake setup I have. Never changed a braking system before, let alone bleed them, so this will be a bit of a learning experience . Also want to change the original BOV with my Greddy Type S.

Fun fun fun :D

Reaction score
Looks good mate!

The braking system will be easy to change! I bled my first set of brakes yesterday and it was piss easy! The worst thing about brakes is making new hard brake lines!

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Noticed though that the gearbox input shaft bearing is on it's way out :( It's making quite a racket when you lift off the clutch pedal (engage), but the noise goes away when you press the pedal (engage). I think this does indicate that it's the shaft bearing and not the release. Luckily I have a spare :), but I'll still have to get it refurbed. Can these bearings be sourced from anywhere? And is it an easy job?
Every S15 I've been in has a noisy input bearing. The thing is though, is it worn, or is it loud due to the fact the gearbox is so close to your ear!?

Reaction score
It's definitely loud. Can here it when outside the car above the exhaust. You can really hear it most when slowing down in all gears apart from 4th. I've learned that 4th is a 1:1 ratio so it doesn't make as much of a noise as the others.

My other S15 does not make that noise. I think it's the after-market clutches killing our 'boxes.
I'll have to swap the boxes over and see what happens.

How much play would you expect on the input shaft? I've got a 6MT on the floor in the garage that has some play on the shaft. It was fine when I took it out though.

Reaction score
Hello mate, sorry I havent been around much.... been on sxoc and holiday! Im 99% sure the gearbox is fine! Im not sure if youve seen the trouble I had, but a long story short I had the gearbox rebuilt (the man said it was the best box he had ever seen apart) and the noise was still there! It only happened after I fitted the clutch, and the guy who did the box said it had to be down to the clutch because the box is perfect.