What's new

My S15

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Lookin' nice and clean there mate :)

What's that LEV/LEVO badge? I've not seen that anywhere before.

Trial_S15

Reaction score
Website
www.modifiedmotors.ie
Country
I'm not sure, I had a quick google search earlier LEV appears to be associated with n/a Nissan engines; "the Nissan Cedric had a VQ30DD LEV NEO 3.0-litre V6 which made 177kW at 6400 rpm and 309Nm at 3600 rpm" but the listing I found against the SR20DE listed the power about 30bhp less than mine has been dyno'd at so I dunno!

Reaction score
Country
this is probably a question you already been asked, but with the amount of money you have spent on the car, why haven't you gone down the track of upgrading some of the engine bits like cams, ecu.......... or have you already done that and only achieved very little power increase?

Trial_S15

Reaction score
Website
www.modifiedmotors.ie
Country
I've considered the +T route which has been done alot in NZ but hasn't been done over here (to my knowledge) so it would be cheaper to do a transplant & I just haven't been able to save up the funds for a transplant (because I've spent it on other bits :rotfl:)

Where would you get cams for the DE, anywhere I've looked only do DET specific ones?? She's pretty well sorted for trackdays (chasis / suspension) but is in desperate need of a little bit more power!!!

Reaction score
Country
I've considered the +T route which has been done alot in NZ but hasn't been done over here (to my knowledge) so it would be cheaper to do a transplant & I just haven't been able to save up the funds for a transplant (because I've spent it on other bits :rotfl:)

Where would you get cams for the DE, anywhere I've looked only do DET specific ones?? She's pretty well sorted for trackdays (chasis / suspension) but is in desperate need of a little bit more power!!!
ive been trying to find out exactly what autech do to the DE engine and see how much its going to cost. as i would like to keep to an NA engine as i love NA's
so far i have only been able to find out that its higher compression ( 11.7:1 ) cams & ecu, cams are 272/240 but im not to sure what those numbers mean so if anyone would like to explain it that would be great.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Thanks Mick :thumbs:

Spoonman; have you considered a supercharger? A decent one and some throttle bodies & cams would be immense :D
i have actually, when i find out whats available i will start a thread for the NA S15. A guy i work with said i would have the only supercharged S15 around, and that i would be a lemon as just bolting on a turbo and without lowering the compression would be the same thing and get more power, it would just kill the engine faster.

Reaction score
Country
Just on a side note, relatively inexpensive de cams
http://www.rhdjapan.com/jdm-low/Tomei-PROCAMS-SR20DE-S14-S15-Silvia-9131

I dont know how karsh a cam they are but might be worth a look,
pity i dont have the buttons for them at the mo!:(
you are a legend! that website has just been added to the fav list
although some of there other stuff looks expensive

compare these two both in NZ$
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-M...erformance/Fuel-systems/auction-244652788.htm
http://www.rhdjapan.com/jdm-low/Power-Enterprise-255L-H-High-Flow-Fuel-Pump-57550

Last edited:

Trial_S15

Reaction score
Website
www.modifiedmotors.ie
Country
i have actually, when i find out whats available i will start a thread for the NA S15. A guy i work with said i would have the only supercharged S15 around, and that i would be a lemon as just bolting on a turbo and without lowering the compression would be the same thing and get more power, it would just kill the engine faster.
The place I get my car serviced in gave me the idea. They run their own time attack team and John wanted me to build a lightweight track car using a na SR20. He said with the right internals, mapping etc the superchaged block would reliably run 250 - 300bhp which would be plenty in a 700kg chassis :D (not the S15...)

Reaction score
Country
car looks really nice man! im not a big fan of the really out there kits but it really suits yours! like the blue bulbs too! :)

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
Nice pics. I think the second one is the best.

Trial_S15

Reaction score
Website
www.modifiedmotors.ie
Country
Thanks James; I had doubts on the kit initialy but it looks a lot better in the flesh IMO and really suits the Pewter with no spoiler and a low ground clearance :D

Thanks Meddler, I must get myself a better camera as they were taken on a cheap compact one I bought on holidays... I'd love to be able to mess around with HDR's etc!