What's new

Need replacement key

Reaction score
Country
Hey guys,

I see keys online everywhere but I am afraid to buy one that wont fit or will get logged in the ignition/door. No one in the US will attempt to cut a key including locksmiths unless I provide one for them . Anyone have any reliable sources or have an extra uncut key. Also, looking to replace my centre locking as it is looking a little beat up.

Dan

sibbers

Reaction score
Country
I had to trawl for ages to find someone who would cut my key. It's a Japanese version with no NATS or anything, just a mechanical key with central locking done by the alarm fob.

in the end I found a guy who was willing to cut a key I bought from eBay but it took a few goes (he didn't cut the shoulders high enough and had to slightly round the nose too) before it would work. If all you need is the blank key then this is the one I bought and am now using: http://m.ebay.com/itm/321662115521?nav=SEARCH

Reaction score
Country
I would prefer another centre locking just like this one. I would like to be able to start my vehicle as well so I guess a standard blank key would not work.

CMR

Reaction score
Country
You just need a normal key. There is no immobiliser chip in your key behind that central locking button, so simply get a key cut from a blank.
As for getting one that works with your central locking... I think you might still be looking in 5 years time.