What's new

Newbie to be!

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Thought i'd start a thread and say hi!

I'm looking to buy an s15 spec r in November once my insurance runs out. Most likely in Pearl White! I've been reading this forum on a daily basis and there are some sweet looking s15's on here! :thumbs: Seems like a great forum and I can't wait to be apart of it!

Hopefully the insurance won't rip my eyes out as i'll only be 23 and have 2 years no claims.

I currently own a Toyota Celica T-sport and i'm a member on Celica Club UK. I love this car but I just want more power and rear wheel drive :)

I've seen an s15 that I quite like on pistonheads, it's for sale at SVA in Dover. Pearl white s15 spec R, 2000 reg and 52k miles on the clock. It also has some extras like a FMIC, coilovers, bodykit.

But there is also another white s15 for sale with them, 1999 reg, white pretty standard, 32k miles on the clock.

Now these are both around the same price, so not sure which would be the best bet. Think i'll probably try and pick up a low milage model, sub 50k.

PS: if anyone is selling their s15 around the end of November ;)

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Yeah I'd say lower mileage is always better if there's no significant premium to be paid. Really the less mods (mainly engine side mods) the better as well just to ensure she hasn't been messed with too much as even in Japan, the tuning can be dodgy!!

I'd have a check on the private ads around end of Sep/beginning of Nov... should be some really good ones for sale. Well looked after ones by S15OC members usually :thumbs:

Welcome to the Club :)

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
Welcome,

As Lupix said, check the for sale section here, there is usually a good one for sale.

Reaction score
Cheers! :thumbs:

Yeah, i've been keeping an eye on the for sale threads, there have been some nice examples for sale so hopefully i'll pick one up. :)

Already been looking at parts etc which isn't good!, ha. Won't be buying these for a while after I get the car though, give me chance to get used to the power and RWD.

Last edited:

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Won't be buying these for a while after I get the car though, give me chance to get used to the power and RWD.
Must say that's very wise! It's great when you can get familiar with the car first so every mod and performance upgrade can be done in the knowledge you'll be able to compare before/after. With some things you'll probs feel it's not worth modding as we have different opinions/expectations of how the car should perform and to what limit etc :thumbs:

Reaction score
Thanks, yeh i'll decide what i'm going to do once I get the car.

Can't bloody wait! :)

I've been following your mod thread, LuPix. Your car is looking ace :thumbs:

I've been thinking about getting a pair of bride seats for the s15 too but damn are they expensive! I'll just keep searching ebay and here, hopefully a bargain will pop up.

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Cheers mate - no worries :)

Yeah Brides are not cheap at all and I'm not really a brand whore but I thought the Bride rails would fit straight onto the car (and they do) so it was pretty easy to install. If you go down the route of Corbeau/Recaro/Cobra then their seat rails are not specific for the S15 so you have to mess about with this and I couldn't be arsed with the hassle lol...

Reaction score
Well after looking for an S15 for a few months I decided to put a deposit down on a white S15 Spec R with JM Imports.

Here are some pics:

I am stoked to say the least! Can't wait to get it. It should be in the country at the start of January.

I'll be giving the alloys a refurb, most likely black centre with a polished rim. Does anyone know what alloys these are?

Here's the mod list:
AFTERMARKET FRONT BUMPER
AFTERMARKET SIDESKIRTS
AFTERMARKET REAR BUMPER
AFTERMARKET REAR LIGHTS
AFTERMARKET ADJUSTABLE TOP MOUNTS
AFTERMARKET SUSPENSION
HKS EXHAUST SYSTEM
AFTERMARKET LSD
TURBO TIMER
APEXI AVCR
18" VOLK ALLOYS

I'll be starting a mod thread shortly so keep an eye out everyone. :)

T

The_Stig77

nice find alex! really nice car there, would love a car like that, gotta wait tho

Reaction score
Roll on January is all I can say! I've already been looking at parts on RHD Japan and i've got a good idea of what parts i'll be buying sometime in the new year :).

Very nice looking car mate glad you found 1 :cool:
How's your S15 coming along Neil? Haven't seen any recent photos around the forum or anything.

Reaction score
Its nearly there now matey, try this link - http://z8.invisionfree.com/PJCUK_Forum/index.php?showtopic=662&st=0, if it dont work i'll start a project thread.

They are a totally different animal to the Celicas, i found that out going around Curborough (in a good way!)

Its going to be a long wait for ya but it will be worth it, lots of people will give it a double-take.

I like the kit thats fitted to yours, its what i'll be looking for in the future

Reaction score
Just read through your thread man. The car is coming along nicely! :thumbs:

I see yours has the built in sat nav too! I wish mine did! What do you plan on doing with it? I've always thought it would be a sweet place to fit some gauges.

Yeah, I quite like the kit on mine, not sure though, think it might be a bit too "in your face" for me but i'll decide when I see the car.

First thing i'll be buying is a FMIC I think.

I just hope there's no snow around when I get the car!

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
I'm quite often down Curborough too along with a few others. Seems a bit of along way to come from Mansfield though!

Reaction score
Only getting a FMIC and ally rad then think i've done, possibly oil pressure and temp gauges too. They're a good car standard, it did well skidding at Pod and i'm fed up spending money on cars instead of track days :rotfl: The sat nav unit is useless but will be staying, it works but only in Japan i'm guessing :(

If you take the kit off i'd like 1st refusal :D I love the Vertex kit and want something very similar without the price tag, but thats for next year.

Snow is fun, they become useless, i was sideways going off then back on my drive last night :rotfl:

What do you plan on doing with yours when you get it? show, track, drift?

Curborough isn't that far away! Gutted they shut Drift Donington as that was the closest track to me :( I take it your a bit of a Curborough regular then? I'll pop down 1 day if you let me know :thumbs:

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
I've been there a fair few times but only go as it's about 4 miles from me. IMO, it's by no means a good track as it's too small and too slippy, but is cheap and close to me so I use it. There have been 5 S15's there that I know of so far, would be good to see another :)

Reaction score
Well the car will be my daily driver but I do plan on going to a few track days and maybe get into the drifting scene. :)

The vertrex kit is very nice, it's very similar to the kit on the s15 i've getting except the vertrex is a bit more subtle I think.

The one kit that I would love is the Yashio Gulf kit but damn it's expensive!

Hopefully get some wide ass alloys on it too when I have the cash, not 10" like yours though, they look huge. Can't imagine the rubber beign cheap on those.

Once i;'ve got the car and gave it a good detail i'll be posting some pics up and starting my mod thread. Would also be good to get to some S15OC meets.