What's new

% of stereos robbed enroute

G

Ger Keane

Hey lads, my S15 is on the way over with a cd player and flip out dvd player. jus wondering what are the odds of these surviving the trip over from japan? a lot of imports i see come over with a big hole where the stereo used to be. they seem to be robbed at the port or en route. gear knobs seem to go missing aswell. am i worrying too much or does this happen as often as i think?

Reaction score
Country
I think you may find that many have the empty stereo holes as the original Japanese owners probably removed their ICE systems before sending them through the auctions as they probably upgraded the OEM system to a more expensive/better spec head unit and wont get anything extra for them.

Thats not to say that bits dont go missing sometimes though :(

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
As Jez said, I think you'll find the gaps and wires hanging out because the original Jap owners are keeping their stereos etc.

I've never heard of any stories whereby someone's had their stuff stolen out of the car en-route. Some people also get the import companies to put various aftermarket items in the boot so you can potentially save money on shipping and duty.

The worst is that a body-kitted, lowered car can get caught on ramps when being loaded/unloaded from the containers... ouch!

B

baynz

mine came over with a dvd screen and a md/radio player and cd changer and was all present and correct when i picked it up.

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
its much better then it use to be really as things get tighter.....but it may have it but it may not work full all the time i had a md cd double din but it was fooked really i had to get rid of it:nod:

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Mine came over with MD player and motorised screen/dvd/sat nav system and TV receiver. Made it no problem, although was all japanses so didnt work very well.

G

Ger Keane

what are the chances of the dvd player working here in europe? does that region restriction on normal dvd players apply here aswell? can anyone make out what brand it is? :confused:

B

baynz

if its doesnt work then like mine as mine was panasonic i can take mine to the panasonic centre local and they will unlock the region for me for a small fee.