What's new

WTB: Oil Sump!!! :(

Reaction score
Country
Ok, so i whipped mine off today to see if i can find where one of the many leaks are coming from, and hey presto. one rotting oil sump. its only got a few speckles on the inside, but it looks thin and not sure how much longer its going to last..

Ideally i'd like an OEM one in decent condition (new or used).. what do people think of the baffled ones from the likes of japspeed?

^ See the speckles comming through, top centre, and bottom left of the photo?

Cheers!

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
You could get a stock one from an S14 second hand maybe?
Or Nissan? They can't be too much tbh, worth a try off an S14a reg number through Nissan.

I can't see the japspeed ones being too bad, and there not silly money either. I have their steering arms fitted and they are quite good quality.

Reaction score
Country
You could get a stock one from an S14 second hand maybe?
Or Nissan? They can't be too much tbh, worth a try off an S14a reg number through Nissan.

I can't see the japspeed ones being too bad, and there not silly money either. I have their steering arms fitted and they are quite good quality.
yeah as far as i'm aware any old SR20 sump will do fine :) just as long as it isnt rotten to the core. :(

Do you park your car in pure salt?! :confused:
lol. my engine bay and lower front is VERY salty at the moment. its them stupid welsh roads. they seem to grit all year round. literally.
but yeah, oil sump is shagged. anyone got a spare? if no replies within week or so, its gonna be a japspeed investment!

Reaction score
Country
I just found a shed load on eBay USA.. one of which contained part number: 11110-52F10

Can someone with FAST please confirm this part number for me? and i'l try to place an order through Nissan UK :)

drifter

Reaction score
Country
That part number is right, just check FAST for the UK S14 :)

Japspeed sumps are known to leak so I would avoid. If you want a baffled sump go Greddy :nod: I know where there is one as well if you decided to go that route :)

Reaction score
Country
That part number is right, just check FAST for the UK S14 :)

Japspeed sumps are known to leak so I would avoid. If you want a baffled sump go Greddy :nod: I know where there is one as well if you decided to go that route :)
cheers mate! i'd much prefer OEM, and i dont want to splash out all my monies on a baffled one i dont need with a big jap brand stamped on the side lol.
unless the greddy one is less than £100 and in mint condition, i'm not interested lol.
thanks though :)

drifter

Reaction score
Country
Nah, it'll be more than £100, but if you had wanted a bigger sump Greddy is the way to go. Copies are ****e, as in they leak at the seal and can be porous.

It might be a struggle to get sump 2nd hand from someone, I'm at APT tomorrow, I'll ask them if they have any sumps that were removed for a Greddy unit :)

Reaction score
Country
look, just put some sellotape on it, it will be fine
*likes*

i did one better. for the meantime until i get a new one i've used that metal weld putty stuff. and smeared that all over the flaky bits hahaha :D
i've found plenty of new ones in the states, and i'm trying to get hold of NI$$AN now to see if they can get me one :)

edit ->... HOLY SH...! guess how much Ni$$$$$$$$$$AN quoted me? (bearing in mind theyre ~£40 in the states new)

... £147 + VAT!?!?!?!! thats like £176 for an oem oil sump!!!! WHAT!

ebay usa, here i come!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
much cheaper to just get s second hand one, nissan always do that you can get the genuine parts from other suppliers at normally half of what they charge, get a seal from them for $50 or get the same seal from RHD for $25.......

Reaction score
Country
Its insane!! I dont know how they get away with it! I ordered from an American Nissan dealer, and that cost me around £60 including shipping to the UK and VAT! brand new in a box. Cant really complain about that considering what Nissan UK were trying to charge me!