What's new

ORC clutch thickness ?

V

VS15

Dear all ,

Would like to know what's the lifespan of the Ogura twin plate clutches? I still have 4.5mm on the disk and have been told that there is plenty of life left . Can i know from any users here until what threshold that it needs to be replaced?

Thanks a lot and can the same theory apply to Ogura single plate clutches as well?

Reaction score
I've got near that on my single plate clutch kit and there's loads of material left on it. Infact, it doesn't even look as if it's done many miles.

V

VS15

Thanks for the reply Adam , so 4.5mm is still considered a lot ? whats the lowest limit ? just want to make sure my tuner is giving me correct information.

Cheers

Reaction score
as i know 5.0mm is new. saw Ogura cluthes with about 2.5mm, so i think u could still run alot of miles with it.

Reaction score
i´m not sure but i don´t think so. i saw one in skylineowners.com. but maybe it was a mesurementfault.
not sure about the thickness of the plate itself but if 2.5 could really reached i don´t think it would still bite.

but i´m sure, that 5mm is new. not sure about but i think nengun and rhdjapan write this in the relacement kit.

V

VS15

Replacement kits? I thought when a clutch gets worn out , you replace the entire assembly?