What's new

Painting stock brake calipers

G

gunner93

Hi Jono... does the paint kit comes in silver colour? Red is too loud for me.

I wanted to do mine for quite a while now and I'm slowing learning to gain some confidence. In my country, the high heat paints come in super quick-dry paint cans and just spray over the calipers. I was planning to cover the NISSAN words with celotape, then spray the whole caliper. After drying, I remove the celotape and use a slim brush to touch up the wordings as you had done. Ok enough talk right. Lets get some action yeah!!! Hope to post my effort after I complete mine. Wish me luck! High 5 from me for your effort.

J

Jono

Thanks Gunner! :wave:

You can get silver paint, no problem :nod:

B

baynz

i want to do the main caliper in white then the nissan lettering in black as the car is white. and i think it will look good.

G

gunner93

Hi Nicely,

That the first time I see the stylised Silvia on a caliper. Would you mind telling how you get that done? Looks unique...

P

PhilV

this has interested me, just got new silver bronze TE37's...thinking of doing black calipers with bronze NISSAN....dunno hmmm I'm not very patient...may pay sumone to do it lol

G

gunner93

Thanks again Nicely... what are we going to do without you... Can I call you S15 dictionary? He He...

G

gunner93

Oh btw, should any of you guys visit Ross On Wye, drop by at China Boy Jo restaurant. Its my Bro-in-law's. Tell him you guys are the S15oc world unite... Cheerio.

G

gunner93

Jano/Topper/Nicely,

Can I use Hammerite paint for the calipers instead? Can it take the heat?

G

gunner93

Thanks. I suppose its able to take the heat without flaking since you guys are the living examples. :thumbs:

G

gunner93

Not the painting but the wire brushing and sand paper took me quite a while.