What's new

picture of S15 gearbox output shaft and housing

B

bbq_chickenwing

Could someone please help by providing a photos of the output shaft on S15 gearbox? :)
I am deciding on if it is feasible to modify the S15 gearbox to run a mechanical speedo drive.
From the service manual, the output shaft looks like it has grooves to hold a worm drive with circular/pin clips?

The housing seems to have a casting for a VSS (speed sensor) using mechanical drive?

Basically I suspect the gearbox has provisions to install a mechanical worm drive at those 2 particular points. A photo would confirm this :) Assuming this is the case the worm drive could be installed like this;

thank you, much apreciated~!

B

bbq_chickenwing

Are you converting the 6spd to your s13/s14?
bankai :) sorry i love bleach as well.

Looking at putting it into an AE86 :) running a 20V 4age using an adapter plate/bellhousing. The gear ratios from 2-5 are almost the same as TRD gearset so I figured if I can get the S15 gearbox, I'll have close ratios + good first gear for daily driving + good final gear for fuel saving.

Been looking at S14 gearboxes as well and maybe the worm drive, ball bearing and circular pins may fit. Wanted to have a look before forking out 1000+ for the conversion :)

Reaction score
Country
lol yeah i watch bleach as well but my nick doesnt mean that actually

ichi = 1
go = 5

ichi-go means 15 = s15. :)

But couldn't help with picture so sorry. Just a bit curious why you need to convert to the mechanical speedo drive. Just drive without the speedo working. My friend's ae86 has no speedo as well, it's not connected, he said he dont need it. lol

good luck though