What's new

Profec B spec 2 questions / help

Reaction score
Country
Alright guys,

I've sort-of fitted a Profec B Spec 2 today, and could do with a bit of help with where the hoses should all be plumbed in.

I went off the 'Actuator type' instruction / diagram in the manual, as I don't have the factory boost solenoid valve. see below.

And it says to T-piece from the FPR vacuum hose, which I did. It also repeats to use the fpr vac hose later on too. I recall reading not to use this for a boost gauge, so should I or should I not use it for the controller? I have 2 blanked vac ports on the inlet plenum which I could use.

I followed everything else in the instructions, took the 'COM' feed for the solenoid from the actuator, and the 'NO' feed from the pressure source, on the cold pipe off the intercooler which was the only one available to use.

That leaves one port on the other side of the solenoid, called 'NC'. In the instruction above, it says to remove all plastic plugs, but nothing else.. do I just leave that open? (Found out that yes just leave it open, so ignore that)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Ignore the extra ports on the solinoid IMO. I still think I'd use the recirc vac hose rather than the fpr as the instructions are generic and not tailored for the sr.

Reaction score
Country
Sorted it now, put the fpr hose back how it was and used a vac port from the inlet plenum. Not sure if I have a dicky boost gauge though as it's set up for 1 bar, peak boost on profec read 1.08 and boost gauge never went over 0.8 bar as far as I could see. Goes like stink now though, what an improvement, will be even better after a visit to h-Dev next week.

Reaction score
Country
What setting u got in yours pal I pretty much just guessed lol got a guide off sxoc then lowered it abit but don't know if its right. Hit about .93 to 1 bar but don't really know if it spikes or what

Reaction score
Country
I followed 'drifter's steady boost settings on sxoc. Spent ages reading and trying to understand that thread and it is very confusing. So it's set up for about 1 bar low, 1.2 high. Won't be running it on high or booting it too much until after I've been to H-Dev on Wednesday, hoping jez can help set it up properly, if so then I'll share the settings with you.