What's new

Quick clutch question

Reaction score
Country
Hi guys, I have an s14 gearbox in my s15, the clutch is starting to slip so I'm pricing up a new one, do I need an s14 clutch or an s15 clutch? Any help and clutch suggestions much appreciated, thanks....

Reaction score
Country
Cool thanks, I'm looking at an exedy stage 2 paddle clutch, anyone know what their like? I want a fairly aggressive clutch with lots of bite, so it will take plenty of kicking :)

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Yeah, the flywheels go with the gearboxes so get a kit that suits your gearbox. Paddle clutches are not ideal if you use the car daily. If you try to drive them normally they wear out in no time too

drifter

Reaction score
Country
Paddles can last a while, I got over 20k out of my Exedy paddle with daily driving. It only slipped at the end of it's life when I upped the power to 375ftlb :D

Reaction score
Country
S14 gear boxes aren't that bulletproof. Aggressive clutch and clutch kicking will eventually kill it.
Ha yeah I forgot to say I'll be changing the box at the same time ha,
They're cheap anyway so I don't really mind changing them out for a good one, it's grinding and leaking oil so might as well change it when I have it split

Reaction score
Country
Yeah, the flywheels go with the gearboxes so get a kit that suits your gearbox. Paddle clutches are not ideal if you use the car daily. If you try to drive them normally they wear out in no time too
Thanks man, good info,
The car is my daily driver but it's only 5 mins to and from work and most other driving is done looking out the side window so the limited life of the clutch doesn't really bother me :D

Reaction score
Country
wel i have the 6 speed s15 box on my s15,,,clutch system is nismo supper copper mix,,but the pressure plates keep going **** on these,,so does anyone know if an exeddy disc and pressure plate will go with nismo flywheel,,also this daily driver and dont really drift at al,,shock horror,,,,but if anyone could point me in right direction ill be really happy,,,thanks,,also does anyonw know where to get new front brake discs ????:yawn:

Last edited:

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
If you want to go for another lighter than stock setup apex now do an s15 lightened flywheel with an act organic Clutch for around 650-700. Other option is to get a s/hand flywheel and a regular clutch but it won't take power/abuse as well :)