What's new

Racelogic Traction Control

L

Lee

Are any of you guys using Racelogic traction control on your cars?

I am currently using it on my Supra as it's not fond of the wet, and was wondering if this would be a worth while mod on an S15.

Lee.

J

j@garagemac

fitted it to a twin turbo monaro and it was great i loved it well especialy when you got 702bhp and 650lb/ft :p

but i would recomend it if you are scared of rwd cars in bad weather

Reaction score
i've been tempted by it for wet weather... but just not ever had the ?600ish needed for it at the time of thinkin' about it.

i just think that i'd be a cheap price to pay rather than stacking it and killing the car....

apparently it works REALLY well...

S

sillbeers15

Will it work well with F-con V pro?

How well does it compare to stock cars' traction control?

Reaction score
I have been in a couple of s15 with it, aswell as lined up against them. And based on that, I can't think of any reasons not to get one, except if you can't afford it.

S

sillbeers15

Nicely,

I used to think like you until I recently had a really close encounter maneuvuring a 1.8ton vehicle through a S-bend on a blind corner in the wet.

There is no way I could made it through in one piece w/o traction control, ABS and 4WD.

Actually, I'm more worried that the aftermarket TC is sort of a primitive alternative to the ones that are currently standard items in most performance cars and are actually useless in realife.

As an example, my opinion of the aquamist system is negative due to the crude controlling system. In theory, water has a very high specific latent heat coeficient....so it is an ideal media to absorb heat. That makes water mist spray a perfect way to reduce inlet air temperature. However, only depending on intake air temp to dose the spray make it a crude and slow response control system.

If only an integrated ECU control with multi parameter data logging cum ddecision making waterspray can make it in the real world.

L

Lee

fitted it to a twin turbo monaro and it was great i loved it well especialy when you got 702bhp and 650lb/ft :p

but i would recomend it if you are scared of rwd cars in bad weather

Oooow I bet that liked to go sideways! :cool:

Yeah I am a bit :ghey: when it comes to driving in the wet, my insurance is aleady far too high without me wrapping it round a lamp post!

Reaction score
The best traction control system is your right foot... If you need TC, you shouldn't be driving a RWD car...
:wack: hardly!:p Not for straight speed that is.. ..seen many racing cars that wouldn't have TC if they had the choice?!!!

...although... I actually agree... don't be :ghey: get the arse out...

as for the race logic - heard its good but its just a hard spark cut isn't it?

Last edited:
J

j@garagemac

hey it was pretty hairy lol but once the racelogic was installed it was all good i was realy surprised by being an aftermarket product .

so it get the two thumbs fresh from me :thumbs::thumbs:

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
:wack: hardly!:p Not for straight speed that is.. ..seen many racing cars that wouldn't have TC if they had the choice?!!!
Yeah, but you're talking race application. If you're doing constant launches to the degree that you require TC in normal driving conditions, its not going to be long before you put common sense aside and push it beyond its capability. Its simple really: if its wet, drive slower. If you need TC to launch on a public road, you're probably doing something you shouldn't...

A similar situation is people who ask how to turn the boost down in winter so they don't get boost kicking in and catching them out... Hello? Try lifting your right foot slightly... :wack:

Reaction score
:nod: fair points. can see it saving a few people though (and a few quid in tyres!). Like you say boost coming in 3rd after pulling onto a dual carriageway in the damp for example. Depends on your RWD experience I suppose but I wouldn't mind a TC switch for the Mrs from time to time - keep me relaxed that would :rotfl:

S

sillbeers15

Even with 3rd gear in the dry, I still get my rear wheels spinning when I put my foot down.

If the RE55S I've ordered will not tame my ride still,...I go for the racelogic TC.

Last edited:
G

gunner93

Even with 3rd gear in the dry, I still get my rear wheels spinning when I put my foot down.

If the RE55S I've ordered will not tame my ride still,...I go for the racelogic TC.
Thats sign of a well tuned beast ! :nod:

J

j@garagemac

i got a 350z i just built that spins the wheels in 5th so we are going to run racelogic on that to tame its 620lb/ft

but i still prefur just my right foot i love driving cars that could kill me at any moment :D

S15_Spec_R

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
I agree with Nicely. You know what expect with a RWD car and power, get to know your car and you will be able to control any twitches.

Reaction score
:down: I still disagree.

- Fastest A-B will be with TC enabled - no matter how good a driver you are.

...but its still a personal choice - I haven't got it!

S15_Spec_R

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
True, personal choice - I prefer to know what the car is doing and not rely on too much technology, but thats my preference. On the the racelogic unit I hear its good.