What's new

Real bad heat soak

Reaction score
Country
hi lately car has been feeling more n more sluggish I believe it's heat soak and it's pissing me off alot. I have the autobahn88 front mount and after driving it's pretty hot so I'm assuming its not cooling the engine quick enough? My thoughts are buyin a turbo blanket that's all I could think of maybe new intercooler? What could it be other then turbo heat? Any suggestions reducing the engine bay heat for all I know the filter is sucking in hot air!

mattyb

Reaction score
Country
A turbo blanket will reduce under bonnet temps and a duct from the front to the filter will ensure some nice cold air gets to it.

You could also use some of that reflecta gold tape on your boost pipes which will minimise the effect of high under bonnet temps on your boost pipes.

Reaction score
Country
nope no enclosure. Hmm I might invest in a turbo blanket and make a duct to the air filter. but I never heard about this gold tape? Can you possibly link me

Reaction score
I would enclose your pod filter and put CAI in as well. No point sucking hot air from your engine bay to only get hotter.

Reaction score
A turbo blanket will make absolutely no difference to the engines performance. They also cause premature cracking on the exhaust housing and can cause the exhaust wheel to melt, they're classed as a motorsport item.

Reaction score
Country
look at your setup the ask, do i have ducting below and above the gap between the intercooler and rad to ensure all air is going through and not around over below, am i using two really good electric fans with a good shroud that are programed to kick in at 80C, am i living in Australia driving around town at about 50kph in 25C - 30C air temp and wondering why my intercooler is getting heatsoaked?

B

BenTaylor200

You would be better off getting a better quality intercooler. I recently switched from my rather battered 7 year old HKS R-Type to a new GReddy Spec R and it made a huge difference.

The thermal inlet manifold gaskets are also worth a look.