What's new

removing the rear nissan badge.

B

baynz

i know this was briefly discussed in another topic.

But i was just wondering how some of you removed the badge?

and just to double check that there will be no holes left behind the badge after removing it that will need filling and spraying.

any ideas or tips will be appreciated.

cheers

baynz

P

Paddy mack

i would like to know cause if there are is no filling or painting required for the silvia and nissan badge i'll take them off myself but if not the car is getting a little paint next week as some wanker strached it they can do it when repairing it

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Hairdryer, its too easy to get carried away with the heatgun and could end up lifting your paint....

B

baynz

awesome news cheers guys, will get the hair dryer out then.

Reaction score
I'm thinking of getting the rear badges out too.. The nissan badge is ugly..But the silvia badge is good..

So..
1)remove all
2)remove nissan badge
3)remove all, then centre silvia?
4)keep badges?

Comments with pics and reasons. :p

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
I love the Silvia branding and think the Nissan badge is crap. I've even put the Silvia branding on my callipers :D

B

baynz

nicely how did u manage to get rid of the nissan brandin on your calipers and get the silvia branding on there i think it looks awesome and wouldnt mind doing it myself.

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Those are R32GTR callipers. The lettering was ground down using a Dremmel stone tool and an ordinary drill sanding disc. Thoroughly clean the callipers, then paint them up with several layers of Hammerite. Print a Silvia logo to the right size, then trace over it on the calliper with a pencil, so as to leave a faint surface outline. Hand paint the outline with a thin brush and Hammerite.

B

baynz

ahh right cool, only problem is i dont have r32 gtr calipers, may invest in a set at a later date.

A

AgtX

I just boiled up a kettle, tipped it slowly over the badge to get the glue all warmed up and then carefully eased it off.

G

gunner93

3 cheers for the effort Nicely :thumbs: ... I like it! :smitten:

You must have removed the caliper to do that extensive job...?