What's new

Restructuring.

J

just_laze

Hello,

I vaguely remember a thread on the old forum by a member who made the suggestion that there are too many sections and sub-categories would help in simplifying the general organisational structure.

I spent 15 minutes this evening to reduce the forums main sections into centralised sections with sub-categories, see below:

Announcements

Off-Topic Chat

General Discussion
- Introduce Yourself
- Forum Suggestions

Modifications
- Aesthetic
- Mechnical
- Electronic
- Audio

D1 Grand Prix

For Sale / Wanted

Traders
- UK
- Australia
- New Zealand
- US & Canada
- Asia
- Europe

Importers

Related Links
- Ebay
- Forums
- Information

I can provide descriptions as i realise some of the sections may not be clear. Essentially this is just a draft and i was hoping that with input from other members it could be refined and eventually implemented.

The sections i haven't covered with either a main section or sub-section are Gallery & Members Ride, this is because i thought we could implement a database to contain this information similar to what the SXOC have but pushed as something important rather than forgotten like the SXOC's variation.

Opinions?

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Yeh i like the proposed setup too, although i would put off-topic further down the list, but as headings go there good. :)

F

FLY 200

good times

havent been back to the forum for a couple of days ggod changes gang i like it :nod:

S

silviac

taking in account that the club is fairly new, I would suggest to reduce current sub categories to one or two main categories.
It just looks there are too many unused or merely used categories which are just sit there and doing nothing but affecting scrolling down to another section.
So I would say just one sale section and one tech section and few other things for other categories.
:)