What's new

Rolled arches pics Wanted

Reaction score
I am looking to roll my rear arch, but not really sure the effect of it. I heard a rolled arch can rust easily, is that true? Any more side effects??

HAs anybody used R-tec, from their web site they seems to be quite professional in rolling arches.

Can anybody post some pics with a rolled rear arch on S15, ;) , much appreciated :wave:

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Depends who does them and how they do it. Mine were done with a tool which heats the paintwork to make it supple, then rolls the arches gently. They are rolled though, not folded. This means the inside edge of the arch is bent up slightly so that there is no sharp edge to damage the tyre should it impact. Also allows an extra bit of room.

The heating should avoid the paintwork cracking, but there are no guarantees. Its the cracking with will lead to rust if untreated.

I did take some photos, but it very difficult to see what's actually been done...

Reaction score
Thanks Nicely, no suprise you are the first one to help again :wave:

Where did you get your done and how much if you dont mind me asking??

Reaction score
Wow that sounds like a good price, I only need the rear doing too. Do you know them? I might give them a go if they already done a S15 before.

:nod:

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
JP825 said:
That cause he does nothing all day :)

I want to get my arches rolled and flared, Keiren - still waiting for pictures :rolleyes:

Reaction score
Topper said:
JP825 said:

I want to get my arches rolled and flared, Keiren - still waiting for pictures :rolleyes:
:D I guess you are right....

Flaring the arches, does that mean just making it like wider?

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Topper said:
How the fook did you know...? :eek:

Jez had the arches on his S13 pulled. Not sure if that's the same as flaring...

South Coast were recommended to me by someone I know who worked for a big tyre fitting place for years. They did a good job. Only thing I'd say is to turn your boost controller off when you leave the car. Having reset it, mine mysteriously had a 0.99 bar peak reading when I picked it back up...

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
I'm worried about leaving my car somewhere for that reason, i dont want them driving it about :no:

Yeh, pulled, flared i guess there both the same :nod:

K

kieran

sorry topper, will get some pics, i have to realy on other people lol no camera of my own lol ill get some sorted asap :thumbs:

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
kieran said:
sorry topper, will get some pics, i have to realy on other people lol no camera of my own lol ill get some sorted asap :thumbs:
Don't you have a camera on your cell? :D

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Is that the best pic you have?? We need big ones :) (ooh sir :ghey:)

the front wings look good, but cant see the back very well :no:

K

kieran

i knew you would say that lol, ill try today, see if the works one is working lol

D

Derek

The only down point to rolling arches imo is that when you do it. All the water and s**t gets traps where there rolled.. On my last car i cut away the inner arch and Fibreglassed up the inside..

I might look into the flaring also..

Reaction score
Nicely said:
Only thing I'd say is to turn your boost controller off when you leave the car. Having reset it, mine mysteriously had a 0.99 bar peak reading when I picked it back up...
When I leave my car with an untrusted workshop I use the PFC hand controller to lower the rev limit to about 3000rpm :D one of the advantages of having the PFC and hand controller i guess :D

M

Meddy

dcoghlan said:
Nicely said:
Only thing I'd say is to turn your boost controller off when you leave the car. Having reset it, mine mysteriously had a 0.99 bar peak reading when I picked it back up...
When I leave my car with an untrusted workshop I use the PFC hand controller to lower the rev limit to about 3000rpm :D one of the advantages of having the PFC and hand controller i guess :D
Your not the only one mate. :thumbs:

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Just one of the small ones. Will create a boost leak and seriously restrict power. Not quite a dramatic as pulling the hotpipe... :p