What's new

s15 6 speed shifter and altezza's ones

Reaction score
hi guys.. I have just done the manual conversion today, and it turned out that my short shifter that came with the 6speed gearbox f**ked up...I couldnt go on reverse...so the mechanic told me that I have to get the factory 6speed ones...so Im wondering if the altezza ones fit into s15 ones? as I've been told before that s15 6speed box and altezza's are the same box? correct me if im wrong...

Thanks
Oh

_Wing_

Trader
Reaction score
although the gearboxes are internally the same i'd doubt the shifter would fit the s15 housings. if you've got a pic post it up and i'll let you know :)

also, a short shifter shouldn't be locking you out of reverse... have you used a s15 6speed gearbox before? reverse is hard to get into so you just need to muscle it in / use momentum, or two hands as my gf's would do LOL

Reaction score
I never used the s15 6 speed before. this is my first time, I tried and my machenic tried to put in reverse, we couldnt get it in..and we had a loser look at the shifter, there is a slight damage to the housing, the gaps where the housing clip into the box has a little damage...so we thought it would be better off using factory ones...but because my bro has a spare altezza shifter so I just want to try and see if it fits in..if not I will have to hunt for the s15 ones..it will be hard finding here in NZ...
here are the photos..excuse my cell phone photo..:eek:

_Wing_

Trader
Reaction score
since the housing is broken you can easily slip it off and i can see that there are two 'slots' on either side of the pivot ball which may sit the whole thing in the s15 shifter housing ok, but you have the problem of not having a retaining "ring" to hold the thing in place.

there shouldn't be a reason why a s15 short shifter wouldn't let you go into reverse, try give it more force! momentum works really well too! i assume it's installed already because trying to get into reverse when the gearbox is sitting on the floor is a bit of a challenge especially if you haven't used one before