What's new

SNOW!!!!!!!

japmadlad

Reaction score
Country
We are snowed in over here. Its crazy & to make matters worse they don't seem to have heard of gritting the roads in the republic of Ireland.:wack: I spend a fun filled evening with paddy driftin round a big empty carpark & roundabout in a shopping retail park in drogeda. great craic :D. Attempted to go back to my cousins gaff were I stay during the week forwork. It is in the country so backroads :nod:. needless to say I had to turn round after a couple of miles. despite going past several stranded bmw's ( 5 of the @ the same hill ) I decided to call it quits after seeing a 4x4 slide back down a hil 3 times & then give up. so back to drogeda & onto the motorway. slightly longer but will get me close to my cousins house also. No a bother I hear you say. :no: despite 10+ inches of snow the gritters hadn't bothered to grit the motorways so I couldn't travel at more than 30mph & when I get to my slip road ( uphill of course :rolleyes: ) I am unable to exit the motorway. It was worse than the fookin back roads :rant:. So decided to just continue up the motorway to home & will take tomorrow off cause there is no way I'll get in & its a half day also. Passed many abandoned cars on the motorway, an accident were 1 car slid into the back of another & a white van which had slid through the hedge/central reservation onto the opposite side of the motorway. everyone was fine but not a police vechile to be seen anywhere. typical :rolleyes:

Reaction score
I sympathise.

I had to take an alternate route home last night, due to an uphill climb.

I'm never cease to be amazed about how stupid some people can be in their car.

Reaction score
lol well i had fun driving home at 1am loads of cars abandoned, no one on the road and loads of dori dori thank god for my diff :D

Reaction score
the roads are bit mad up here to was out this morn to go to work and its still snowing flat out!

japmadlad

Reaction score
Country
well after visiting Rob ( slammedmind) last nite & the slowest dori dori action ever in drogeda I was thinking I might not get home. been snowing all day up here in armagh but the rain has started to clear it all now. did have gud fun this morning tho :D

Reaction score
It's been coming down hard today.

So much so that we've been sent home from work.

Here's what I came out to at 2pm, (bearing in mind it didn't start snowing until 10-10:30)

Reaction score
No vids I'm afraid.

Made it home without too much excitement.

Stuck in traffic for an hour as the police cleared a crash up ahead.

P

Paul D

Birtley was ok today, just raining heavy but when i drove up to beamish it was covered!!!

Reaction score
Birtley was ok today, just raining heavy but when i drove up to beamish it was covered!!!
Beamish isn't too far from where I work (Consett).

There was only a tiny bit of snow in Durham where I live.

Nothing nearer the coast in after Shincliffe

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Lol. snow.
We had rain yesterday which froze over night :)

I was rolling along with a speed of about 2km/h with my clutch disengaged. when I released the clutchpedal with no gas applied the wheels lost traction.
Not everyday you can make a car loose taction with idle rpm.

wheelspin in fourth gear with my 90hp golf wasn't a problem. everything above 1200rpm in fourth and the front wheels was spinning.

all this on studded wintertyres :)

If I would have driven my Silvia then I would probobly just be able to turn the car on and the vibrations from the engine would send it off to the nearest pole and smash it.

If it would have been stronger wind today it would probobly look like a battlefield out there. :wack:

P

Paul D

Beamish isn't too far from where I work (Consett).

There was only a tiny bit of snow in Durham where I live.

Nothing nearer the coast in after Shincliffe
Consett's right up in the hills lol. A lad from where i work lives up that way and he set off from birtley at 5.40pm and didn't get home till well after 8pm. He said there was only one road open by that time because off all the crashes and jack knifed waggons :eek:

Reaction score
Consett's right up in the hills lol. A lad from where i work lives up that way and he set off from birtley at 5.40pm and didn't get home till well after 8pm. He said there was only one road open by that time because off all the crashes and jack knifed waggons :eek:
Ouch.

I'm glad our boss let us go early.

I left work at 2pm, got home just before 4pm. That's with an hour sat in stand still traffic as the police sorted out a stuck wagon up ahead at Delves Lane.

mint

Reaction score
Website
www.JDMtas.com
its mad the weather u guys are having down south an over the stream..

its wet here and the climate has gone loopy.. monday night it was like -5, last night it was plus 4/5 forcast for minus tomorrow... odd indeed

Reaction score
Lol. snow.
We had rain yesterday which froze over night :)

I was rolling along with a speed of about 2km/h with my clutch disengaged. when I released the clutchpedal with no gas applied the wheels lost traction.
Not everyday you can make a car loose taction with idle rpm.

wheelspin in fourth gear with my 90hp golf wasn't a problem. everything above 1200rpm in fourth and the front wheels was spinning.

all this on studded wintertyres :)

If I would have driven my Silvia then I would probobly just be able to turn the car on and the vibrations from the engine would send it off to the nearest pole and smash it.

If it would have been stronger wind today it would probobly look like a battlefield out there. :wack:

:eek::eek::eek:

And here in Britain, if more than three flakes of snow hit the ground the news starts flashing the severe weather warnings and say that the country was brought to a standstill.

Did anyone see the North-East news on Monday night?

The reporter said "Drivers were losing control of their cars"

This is while showing a scooby driver who is obviously performing a powerslide around the gentle corner because he's seen the camera.

*sigh* I used to have so much fun in the snow with my GT-Four

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Up here in the real north-east (north-east of Scotland) its nice and sunny today, snow on the hills, and a chill in the air, but other than that, a nice day :p