What's new

Soon to be S15 owner

M

matty_dingle

HI all,
I'm currently searching hard for a white S15 in the uk and have quite a few lined up to look at. I've just sold my celica GT4 st205 and can't wait to get behind the wheel of an S15.
Does anyone kow the tech specs on a standard S15 like the 0-60, bhp etc as I love the looks of the car and the fact it's rear wheel drive but need some reasurance it will be superior in performance to my celica.
What kind of mpg figures are you guys getting too?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Matt

P

Pazz

30-38 from my last couple of tanks.

I have driven a GT4 and my general conclusions were that it seemed heavy and that a lot of power was lost through the 4WD.

S15 will be
- Lighter @ around 1250kg (1440kg GT4 st205)
- Have more power @ around 250bhp (240bhp ish? GT4 st205?)
- And will only be driving the rear wheels

I would not rush buying any import so best bet is to test drive one.

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
welcome buddy...what u looking for a standard one or modded one cuz mines coming up for sale very soon....:D

M

matty_dingle

Thanks for the info guys.

If your getting 30-38 mpg thats awesome from a car of this calibre.

My GT4 was running about 280bhp but you are correct in that a good 25% of the power is lost through the 4 wheel drive system, which isn't good.

I'd initially started looking at Skyline R34 GTST's but my mates R33 only returns about 20-23 miles to the gallon and my celica used to wipe the floor with his car performance wise, so thats why I moved onto the Silvia as they have a 2.0L engine compared to the Skylines 2.5l but still produce the same power, so therefore should be better on fuel and an allround better package.

I'm looking for a good white example really with low miles and although a sports exhaust, aftermarket alloys and sensible mods would be a bonus it all depends on the price. I'm hoping to pick a good example up for less than 10K.