What's new

Speed dial and temp

Jay-pan

Reaction score
Country
Hi guys, Just had my car converted from KMH-MPH but when below 50 its totally fine reads spot on. Then soon as I go above 50 it starts waving around and some times just sits at 0.

Now i think its the little converter device is faulty so got a new one sent out free of charge. But is there anything else it can be?

Noticed my temp did it last night a little bit but my Defi temp gauge was reading spot on so don't think its an engine issue more electrical. Any help will be appreciated.

Reaction score
Country
Hi guys ive read your thread and iam no expert but the only thing i can think of is checking the earth cable to make sure you haven't got a bad contacting faulty earth, most of the elec problems ive had have been down to bad connections on the earth

Jay-pan

Reaction score
Country
Hi Cris, well when i was having my alarm fitted i had the guy check my car over for any faults and mentioned the problems but everything was fine. In the end it was the converter that was messing everything up, i removed it so it read in KMH again and was spot on, no jumping around and showed a steady correct speed.

I then purchased the NCS Speed 8, cost £65 posted but since then never had the problem again. The one i had on it before was just a £25 ebay jobby.

I have also ordered a HKS grounding kit to give better earth points, i think the ones on the S15 are a bit weak.

Reaction score
Country
Nice one thank you :)
where did you get your NCS speed 8 from? I'm more then sure my speedo converter is from eBay :(