What's new

Speedo and Odo Query

J

japcar_junkie

My speedo is now converted to miles and the odometer now records in miles, but whin i picked the car up the odometer still shows the value in terms of kilometers. Therefore i know what the car had done in km, and anything after this is in miles. Is this common as my FTO's odo had been converted to show the km in terms of miles so the number was correct at all time. The dealer has issued me with a BIMTA cert and expressed he wouldnt want to touch the the clocks to alter the figure and its generally accepted done in this way.

I have also noticed that the speedo seems to wratchet, on driving back yesterday is appered i was doing either 50 / 60 / 70 / 80 mph and never anything in between, so i watched the clock as i accelerated and there seems to be sudden movement of the needle, any ideas anyone.

Reaction score
you can have it changed... but it's just charlie's thing that he doesn't mess with the ODO. mine is the same, i have the BIMTA stuff.

as for the speedo, could be something to do with when taken apart to put the MPH sticker over the KPH.

nicely has a write up on removing dials.... but it's fairly self explanatory! :)

J

japcar_junkie

So have you bothered to get yours changed or kept it as it was. Just asking incase you knew how much it cost.

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Mine's converted and the odo reset for the overall amount in miles. This is the way I would want it on any import I bought. I personally think it bad practice to not do this, and would be very confusing when coming to sell.

Reaction score
i've not bothered to have mine done... i'm really not that fussed...

i've got the bimta to prove mileage before it started counting up in miles...

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Mine was changed to convert the KM into Miles, then has counted Miles from then on, Nicely, is yours the same? I thought this was normal practice.

Dazz0i - does yours still show KM but count in miles?

Reaction score
basically... (can't remember actual figures) but... mine atm reads 64000ish...

60k of that was KM which is about 38kmiles.... from that 60k point it's been clocking up in miles, so i've done about 4000.... again, these are just rounded figures cause i don't know accurately numbers off top of my head.

i've got the bimta letter approving mileage at the auction and the mileage of when it was shipped... so everything is logged.

basically, the car is at about 44kmiles...

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
A ok, mine was something like 77k KM when shipped over, when i picked it up it had 44k MILES, and is now at 51k Miles.

You could say that you car had only done 64k KM, but that would be bad :D

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
A ok, mine was something like 77k KM when shipped over, when i picked it up it had 44k MILES, and is now at 51k Miles.

You could say that you car had only done 64k KM, but that would be bad :D
So yours has done about 159000km? or 99000miles? That's a pretty long trip :)

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Sorry. I misunderstood. I thought the odo was reset to zero after the import :)

hmm. 77k km is more like 47847.799999999995 miles though