What's new

spoiler fitting

Reaction score
Country
dose any one know if there is a "how 2" on how to fit the s15's spoiler.

as iv just go hold of one and dont wont to bugger up my pride and joy!

some one told me to put masking tape on the boot :confused:

Reaction score
if you want a professional job done take it to a professional. Body work is never easy and takes alot of skill. Just my 2 cents

Reaction score
Country
masking tape over the drilling position. make sure you have covered a good area. masking tape is used to prevent the swarf from marking the paint while drilling. also good for marking out as you dont need to mark on the paint work.

while drilling its always a good idea to drill a small pilot hole and gradulaly enlarge the hole with bigger drill bit till the correct size is gotten.
centre punch the drill position too so the chances of the drill slipping out of position is minimised.

there alot of holes to drill for the OEM spoiler.

but as slammedmind said if you worried about doing it yourself, best to use someone who know what there doing.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
what have other people done with the wiring side of things hole in the boot lid? any one had one factory fitted that thay could take some pictures of for me would be most greatful especially of the wiring side of things.

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
If you can't find any, let me know and I can take some pics in the next couple of days for you.

Reaction score
Country
ok thanks il have a look to see if i can find the ones that have allready been posted, if i cant find them i get back to you, thanks

meddler

Staff member
Reaction score
Country
np. will try to take some in the morning.

Reaction score
Country
good weather as well today its all looking good so far!

getting my tools out il take lots of photos so that every one can see how not to do it!

wish me luck!

meddler

Staff member
Reaction score
Country
Here you go

You can see the 3 nuts in this last pic. They are the ones that hold the spoiler on. The wiring for mine runs down the right boot support arm and I am pretty sure it plugs into the high mount brake light.
The Aero wing should have the same mounting points.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
iv got the aero spoiler i think its got the break lightin the center ant the wires come out of the center support thanks for the pictures i chicken 'nd out to day might save it for next weekend

if any one could post some pics of an aero spoiler (fitted) would be most greatful

meddler

Staff member
Reaction score
Country
The aero spoiler mounting shouldn't be any different to the Aus spec one. Sure the spoiler is different, but the mounting holes should be in the same spot. As for the wiring, you just need to drill a hold next to the mounting bolt and then feed it through the boot.

Sender

Reaction score
Country
Sorry for digging this thread up.
I'm planning to mount OEM aero spoiler on to stock wingless boot lid.
Has anyone measurement where spoiler mounts holes should be?

Reaction score
You wont need to measure anything, if you open your boot lid and look underneath you will see two upper holes on either side of the boot lid edge..Just drill a centered hole in each of those holes as that is where the wing mounts..