Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Part Number:16400-41B05-
Description:STRAINER ASSY-FUEL

Same for S14 and S15 :)

You can also fit a Z32 filter. Its slightly bigger, but its highly dubious that it'll give any better flow.

G

gunner93

Update :

Today I ran my car with the O2 sensor detached. Guess what? She runs smoothly like the SR should! :D

Just to satisfy my curiousity, half way I stopped by a gas station and connected back the O2 harness. The misfiring came back. :cry:

I will get a new heated O2 sensor this afternoon and will update ya all later.

S

sillbeers15

The following are parts that require replacement more often than others in the SR engine that I know:

1. Individual coils.

2. Crank position sensor.

3. 02 sensor.

Can some kind soul add to the list for other parts that wareout fast?

G

gunner93

The following are parts that require replacement more often than others in the SR engine :

1. Individual coils.

2. Crank position sensor.

3. 02 sensor.

4. Spark Plugs.

5. AFM

G

gunner93

My two months misfiring ordeal has finally come to an end with the new O2 sensor installed. I am smiling again. :) Hope this will a good resource for those with similar problems. Some additional info ...

"The performance of O2 sensor diminish with age as contaminants accumulate on the sensor tip. But any O2 sensor that is badly degraded may continue to function well enough not to set a fault code but not well enough to prevent an increase in emmissions and fuel consumption. A sluggish sensor may not allow the computer to flip-flop the fuel mixture fast enough to keep emmissions to acceptable limits which will cause the feedback control to go back into open loop with fixed rich fuel mixture. The unburnt oxygen causes a momentary spike in oxygen content which causes a dip in the sensor's output voltage and intermittent misfires as the fuel mixture messes up the normal oscillation rhythm..."

S

sillbeers15

The reason it was due to O2 sensor can be identified by 2 situations when the ECU cannot function in closed loop:
1. Before the coolant temperature reaches the warmed up temperature zone.
2. During full throttle as close loop can only function when the engine load and engine speed is unchanged. ie crusing along.

So as good as it sounds, close looped mode does not function most of the time when we drive....especially to the lead foot Harrys!