What's new

Super Hicas rear wheel steer

J

JustTheJedi

Hi, i have just discovered my S15 has this, was it standard or an optional extra????

S

S15 SILVIA

Quite sure it was an option, mabey standard on some models tho. Was an expensive option, but not many like it!

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
Hi, i have just discovered my S15 has this, was it standard or an optional extra????
adds a bit of weight to the car and isnt meant to be too great.....most people that want to drive the car enthusiastically lock it out with a hicas lockout bar but if it was mine i'd look at removing it altogether.....

tooley

When only sideways will do!
Reaction score
Country
Optional Extra on all S type bodies. My s14 had it AND I NEVER WNAT IT AGIN!! if i were you i would get rid of it!! get a hicas lock kit from driftwors shoud be arround 80 pounds!! it is awefull and will try to correct when you oversteer.

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Thats crazy! I'd like to drive a S15 with HICAS just to see what its like!

tooley

When only sideways will do!
Reaction score
Country
its awesome when you dont want the back end to come out! i could out corner my mate in his s14 when my s14 had hicas but when the back steps it tries to counter act and its not pleasent!!

Reaction score
yea, it's a strange feeling...... cause you can feel the rear shifting, but it's still gripping.

Mates GTR had it.... personally, didn't like it!