What's new

Tomi's '99 JDM S15 Silvia

SR2O

Reaction score
Got a hold of a used Nismo rear strut for a good price. Looked pretty shabby, but 'VHT roll bar & chassis paint' is magic stuff and it turned out like new. Some minor cutting of the parcel shelf board is required as this version sits above the parcel shelf.

T

tripleJs15

Looks great, have you seen the Greddy undermount rear strut ?

I beleive I saw a user on hear with it, but I looked for months here in the US for it and Greddy had 1, just 1 in stock in the US.

SR2O

Reaction score
Looks great, have you seen the Greddy undermount rear strut ?

I beleive I saw a user on hear with it, but I looked for months here in the US for it and Greddy had 1, just 1 in stock in the US.
I actually had a Cusco rear strut brace that sits under the parcel shelf. Didn't like it because it blocks part of the boot access port, which sucks if you need to transport anything long.

T

tripleJs15

Great point, I didn't think about that, I never really put anything in the trunk!

K

Konga

Nice car! I'm of the cleanest by far.

Quick question - what size tyres are you running for your wheels? Any scrubbing or spacers used for the front?

SR2O

Reaction score
Nice car! I'm of the cleanest by far.

Quick question - what size tyres are you running for your wheels? Any scrubbing or spacers used for the front?
Thanks. It runs 235's all round. Needed to run 3mm spacers on the front to avoid the coilover collars.

S

S15 SILVIA

I've also got one of the nismo upper shelf braces, mines got little socks/covers on the ends of the brace.
Mike

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
I have the Cusco undershelf rear strut brace. It doesn't really make much difference, the boot in the S15 is so small above the fuel tank and if you were going to fold down the seat and put something through, the strut brace will more than likely not get in the way. The reason I chose this is I didn't want the strut brace above the parcel shelf.

SR2O

Reaction score
So I decided to go with a different approach with the ECU. Went from a PowerFC to Nisstune for various reasons. Below are the results, thanks to Sam (Dr Drift) for the excellent tune. The car has never driven better :)

Reaction score
i didn;t know they made s15's with sunroofs, this is the first one i have seen

meddler

Staff member
Reaction score
Country
You haven't looked very hard. Mine has one. In fact all the ADM Spec R's had sunroofs.

meddler

Staff member
Reaction score
Country
so does you avatar :p

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Haha!!^^ :D

My last 15 had a sunroof but my head kept hitting the roof as you loose a few inches of headroom.

I like the matt black theme under the bonnet Tomi, looking very nice indeed :cool:

Reaction score
I like the Yashio LED's one which isn't tinted better...
but your R34 GTR wheel still rock..love it :D

Reaction score
Great job allround mate. Well thought mods and a lot of attention to detail, well done give yourself a pat on the back lol. R34 wheels should have been the stock S15 wheel as they suit it more than they do the '34, plus it would make them a hell of alot cheaper to get 2nd hand. 2k+ for factory Datsun wheels. Tell him he's dream'n.

Well done again mate, why the change from a power FC ? I know the answer I just need someone else to say it.

SR2O

Reaction score
Great job allround mate. Well thought mods and a lot of attention to detail, well done give yourself a pat on the back lol. R34 wheels should have been the stock S15 wheel as they suit it more than they do the '34, plus it would make them a hell of alot cheaper to get 2nd hand. 2k+ for factory Datsun wheels. Tell him he's dream'n.

Well done again mate, why the change from a power FC ? I know the answer I just need someone else to say it.
The stock S15 wheels won't fit due to my R33 GT-R Brembo conversion all round. You need a minimum of a 17" wheel, I could have gone with R34 GTT wheels, but they look crap in comparision to R34 GT-R wheels :p

Why change from the PowerFC? I'm not afraid to say it .. the PowerFC is complete rubbish :)