What's new

Tyre recommendation

G

Ger Keane

wel lads,
now that winter is on the way and i live in ireland i need some tyres with serious grip in the wet. have linglongs on the rear which are shockin bad in the wet, even at 4000revs in 5th gear she swings sideways without warnin! what would ye suggest to go with in the wet??
lookin for 235/45/r17's. was lookin at falken tyres, they look like a good wet tyre

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Falken FK452
Toyo Proxes T1 R
Goodyear F1

I've had Toyos previously and have just put some Falkens on the back. They are all accomplished tyres on S14/15s in the wet and dry.

Reaction score
Country
Ive found the Goodyear Eagle F1's to perform superb in the wet, easily the best tyres for the money imo.

Reaction score
Country
Ouch...never heard of that happening before on the Goodyears! sure it was a manufacturing fault ?

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Not tried Federals :no:

A number of F1's sidewalls have burst. Apparently GY tried to cover it up, but weren't exactly fast at rectifying the issue...

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Goodyears melt on track, but for the road, nothing i have tried comes close..... i havent tried any of the others mentioned in this thread :D

Reaction score
apparently... the yok' parada spec 2's are awesome.... but... they only come in limited sizes. so take a look at them too :)

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
I've always sworn by Goodyear Eagle F1's and have run GSD-2 as well as the newer GSD-3.

They seems to last well and are a brilliant all-rounder weather wise.

However, the chappie I usually get a good deal off for tyres couldn't get his Goodyear supplier to deliver the size I needed for the rears (not unless I was willing to wait for ages) so I went for Avon ZZ3.

Chris my mechanic warned me that he thought the older ZZ series were not very good at all but I must say, having got them now for both front and rears, I reckon they are just as good as Eagle F1's but for a slightly lower price.

:)

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Just goes to show that quite a few other tyres actually turn out to be just as good as the 'invincible' F1s when you actually try them... ;)

The Falken FK452s I mentioned are ?30 a tyre cheaper than an F1 (that's a 255/35/18) and Proxes are ?10 a tyre cheaper. Both are as good.

japmadlad

Reaction score
Country
proxies are awesome. had them on the cr when I got it & was a bit worried bout wet preformance but have to say they never let go once :thumbs: