What's new

Using water!!!

Reaction score
Noticed at the weekend past there my car was low on water in rad so topped it up. Checked it today and had to put roughly a litre in it again but what is the problem!!! Took the oil cap off to check oil and pulled the dipstick but oil seems fine no creamy gunk is it still possible that it could be head gasket?

Could it be the water pump given up, Dont think i have a leak at the rad tho im gonna check it tonight here from below in the pit!!

japmadlad

Reaction score
Country
could be the head gasket, water pump, or a leak in the piping sumwere. U don't always get the white cream in the oil, it depends were the gasket has failed. water pumps usuall just le go but can sometimes drip. A loose clip or racked pipe/hose could be the problem. u need to pressure test the radiator system to check that it is holding pressure

Reaction score
if i pressure test the system i take it will eliminate the rad or pipework and leave the pump or gasket?is there anyway to tell if its pump or gasket without replacing them?

Reaction score
Water pump will more than likely pass wtaer at the weep hole located at the top and bottom of the pump, check and see if it is leaking there, other than that check and see if any of your watercooling turbo lines are leaking, they have a tendency to leak if they are the stock lines, don't ask me how I know. Yeah and you can also do a pressure test on the cooling system to verify of any leaks. Also, if you have not bled your cooling system properly it can have air in the cooling system which is a no no and can cause coolant to be pushed through the drainoff on the overflow bottle. Try bleeding the coolant system again slackening the bleeder screw and starting the engine and seeing if the water comes through it and then locking it off then leaving the car to reach operating temperature with the rad cap off and as soon as the coolant is ready to come out of the radiator then just cap it.

Let me know if that helps.

Reaction score
right think found the prob now it looks like its leaking from the collant pipe on bottom side o turbo is that the inlet or return? Its dripping from the head of the bolt seems to be the copper washer that is letting it leak so if i replace the washers should be good!!!! or are u guys gonna tell me i need a whole new line?!!

Reaction score
This is astandard nissan replacement part, get it at your dealer, very inexpensive and make sure you get the correct sized one. Clean the leaking area thoroughly and replace.

Reaction score
ha right on the ball nicely should have knew thats what it was anyway having read a few posts bout it.Ended up buying the braided hose kit from apex so waiting on it to arrive. Should i have got the oil line kit as well? Thanks for all the help lads appreciate it.:thumbs:

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
ha right on the ball nicely should have knew thats what it was anyway having read a few posts bout it.Ended up buying the braided hose kit from apex so waiting on it to arrive. Should i have got the oil line kit as well? Thanks for all the help lads appreciate it.:thumbs:
I would. And a new turbo to manifold gasket with some new locking plates and locking nuts while I was at it :)

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
I would only change it next time you take the turbo off. Its possible to change the two water lines with the turbo still in place (though fiddly), but you have to take the turbo off to do the oil line.

Reaction score
way to spend my cash yako ha i see what ur saying here lads might have to invest in the oil line kit here too thinking bout taking turbo off and fitting a mani and elbow just do everything at once!!!!

Nicely is there a inlet and return oil line as well then?and is there a diagram or tech thing somewhere to show all the bits?

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Aha. Didn't know you could change the water lines with the turbo still on :)
Then I wouldn't bother with the other stuff.
I assumed it was a turbo off job.

I would take a closer look at the turbo bolts though and check if they were on tight.

Reaction score
Yeah changing the water lines can be done while the turbo is still on like Nicely said, I did it about a month ago. Need to pu the car on stands and tackle it form below. Get underneath the crossmember and put your ratchet/spanners in there and get to work, once you get accustom to it it becomes really easy. Note to self, hardline even though they suppose to be a direct bolt-on never lines up quite properly and need some bending to get them to work, hence the reason it took a couple hours to get it right, bending and test fitting all the way. With a braided application it would be quite simple no bending and easy bolt-on.

Reaction score
happy days thanks for all the advice lads gonna tackle it tonight the hose's came today have a big pit in the garage so no bother getting in below!!!

Reaction score
ah man u were right when u said it was fiddly got the old pipes of and just got the new hose's on by coupe o threads will tighten them all up and put heat shields back on the turbo tomorrow.That is tight work man my arms are cut off me!!!