What's new

weird boost? laggy

Reaction score
Country
Nice and clean Spoonman and no leaks. Those Greddy/Trust braided lines ?
leaks....... what is this you speak of? Notice the white muck on the exhaust housing, forgot to tuck the factory solenoid plug away after getting a EBC and year melted it good. them be good old Earls lines (from your part of the world) mate they flow heaps of coolent.

Reaction score
Country
Is that a chinese T28 which came with the adjustable arm??? not a garrett

You should take it off wind it tighter then put the compressor onto the hose going to the actuator and CAREFULLY bring up pressure until the arm extends out then slide on over the gate pin, is that what you are already trying to do?

At the same time loosen but do not completely remove the bolts that hold the actuator bracket onto the compressor for that bit of extra slack, have you done all that?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
yea pretty sure its a chinese turbo.. :( yea thats what im already trying to do and when the arm is fully extended out with the compressor it can only just reach when its only a few winds in from the end. this is what the actuator looks like when its fully fully wound out it only sits there, somethings not right is it? i thought it should be able to slied over the gate pin when its fully wound out.

Reaction score
Country
you need to loosen the actuator bracket as well, just make sure you can tighten them up again, the bolts where the bracket (which holds the diaphragm) bolts to the turbos compressor, do you understand what i mean?

Reaction score
Country
If you arent reaching 10psi until 6k then the arm is not as tight as you think and is opening very easily

after remove the sleeve arm from the wastegate pin.... and not loosing the circlip..

1: Undo the bolts - actuator bracket to compressor housing
2: wind the female end of the arm tighter about 4 turns then it was when you started, shorter for so its harder for the pressure to open, which = quicker response
3: hook it over the wastegate pin, this will require force, your man hands are needed here, wind the locking nut up against the sleeve, then using pliers up against the locking nut and your other hand maybe a crowbar, extend the arm over the wastegate pin.
4: tighten the actuator bracket bolts:
5: test drive, easy as you may have over tightened it and overboost quickly, so if you have let the car go cold and extend the arm, this will require your man hands again

thats it, just do it

Reaction score
yea pretty sure its a chinese turbo.. :( yea thats what im already trying to do and when the arm is fully extended out with the compressor it can only just reach when its only a few winds in from the end. this is what the actuator looks like when its fully fully wound out it only sits there, somethings not right is it? i thought it should be able to slied over the gate pin when its fully wound out.
The amount of adjustment on that actuator arm concerns me, particularly if you say that's wound out to the end. Have a look at how much is on Spoonmans in his photo and mine is similar.

Earl's make great lines especially their ends, they never leak. I'd just call that a pigeon stain on the turbo

Reaction score
Country
yea worry's me too doesn't seem right. when i hook the compressor to it and its wound in maybe about 4 turns from the end and i fully pully down on the compressor it only just hooks on and im sure its fully extended out

Reaction score
Country
i had to stretch mine on with my man hands as the compressor did not extend it enough either, you just have to harden up or are you still hungover from Rhythm & Vines?

Auss..... Them pigeons hanging out on my rocker cover, dam pigeons

Reaction score
Country
ok so i didn't undo the bolts to the bracket and all because i didn't have time but i shortened it as much as i could with the compressor and it done a bit boost comes on faster and im also hitting 11psi instead of 9/10psi so yea for a +T the boost is getting a bit up there so not sure if i should be panicing or not

Reaction score
Country
well i really dont know the guy said 6psi and he wrote on the dyno sheets 6psi but down the bottem it says 9psi and its always been 9 since i've had it. and yes evolink g3. so im running more than stock boost now? oooohh

Reaction score
Country
NA engines did not have a "stock boost", what you have is tuned boost, your engine was listened to very carefully on the dyno and it was decided that the engine was OK at 6 or 9 psi, since your engine is not designed with boost in mind i would be very careful about upping it, if you want to run 14psi then you really need to have it re tuned for 14psi but the chances are going to be very high that the engine wont handle it, it will for a while but you will kill it very quickly.

Stock DET engines in the S15 run 8-9psi as stock and without a re-tune we dont really run past 14psi, but keep in mind that the DET was designed with a turbo in mind the DE was not. So you are already pushing your engine well beyond what it was designed for.

If your engine has got better pistons and rods, oil squirters and things that help to reinforce it/ keep temps down, then higher boost you will be all good, but normally most people start with the turbo engine to begin with so done expect big things with a DE