What's new

Wet drivers footwell.

Reaction score
Country
I noticed the other day I had a lot of water on the inside of the front & rear screen & my seats were damp so tried to locate damp or wet patches, found it was in the drivers footwell. I searched on here & found 1 topic which mentioned a grommet behind the clutch pedal.

I pulled back the carpet & looked around but cant see any grommet or anywhere obvious the water had come in. Can someone give an idea of where the water may be coming from? Thanks.

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
It will most likely be the grommet behind the front drivers side wheels arch guard, its the normal place people run sensor wires etc into the cabin.
Youll need to take the arch liner out and silicone up around any wires running in.

Reaction score
Country
I had a look, I don't even have arch liners which probably didn't help. Sealed around all the wires. Hope it works. thanks for the help.

Reaction score
Country
The arches have some black sealant stuff painted all over the insides & under the car too, it has skyline GTR 34 wheels on which is probably why whoever took the liners out took them out.

Reaction score
You would still be able to retain the liners with R34 GTR wheels, a mate of mine has the exact same rims fitted and still retains the liners

Reaction score
Country
if what was mentioned doesnt work, try taking you driver seat out and get inside the car arse up head down :eek: ha

then get someone to hose the car down while you look with a torch :nod:

I had a leak on mine and it drove me insane to the point where I was going to get shot of the car but I used this method and finally found the leak coming from a piece of seam sealant that had come away right up underneath the dash. slapped some new seam sealant on there and hey good as new :thumbs: the point im also trying to get at also is dont give up, you will find it in the end :nod:

Reaction score
Country
The front screen seems to stay clear now I plugged that grommet but the rear screen is soaked still, any things to check on the rear?
Thanks.