What's new

What boost can I run on my setup?

D

Dizz

As title say, what boost should I be able to run safely with the following setup?

Blitz front mount intercooler
Blitz air filter
Nismo cat back
Decat
Turbo Smart manual boost controller
Colder plugs (NGK BKR7EIX)
Walbro 255lph fuel pump (ordered)

So what boost could I run up untill I get the fuel pump? (getting dyno'd in the morning) and what boost could I run after? (if not the same)

Thanks!

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Not much more than stock safely, unless your geting a custom map too..

subzero

Reaction score
you getting it remapped ??

when i first got my car, on a similar setup to yourself, i brought it to a RR straight away too (westward engineer, ran it a 1bar, and he freaked over the pinking - or detonation) badly needed a remap if you want to drive the car on any bit at all.

oh and that was on maxol (99ron petrol) which i assumed would be ok , but even at 99 still wasnt enough)

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
I would say <.8 bar.
More if you get the fuel pump sorted and a remap.

This is if you run 98RON fuel or better. Not sure what boost you can run if you use lesser fuels, but I would keep the boost as low as possible if that is the case.

subzero

Reaction score
to ad, till i mapped the car, i ran her at no higher than .6 bar . may be tame to you after your last motor, but i found it enough :rotfl:

D

Dizz

Thanks for the info everyone. Ok so what is my cheapest option for a remap (don't want to spend much at the mo). Is Power FC the cheapest way of going or is there piggy backs etc that would be ok?

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Horsham developments in the UK does custom remaps on the stock ECU.
There is also a software called Nistune which will allow you to remap the stock ECU. Or you could go with a piggyback like Greddy or a aftermarket ECU like Apexi PFC.

The Nistune is very nicely priced I might add. But it would still need to be mapped.

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
At your level of mods, a remap of the standard ecu would be ample. Would be logical to get the fuel pump changed first tho before mapping.

Take a look at this for more info. Helped me figure out what was what very well indeed.

:)

D

Dizz

At your level of mods, a remap of the standard ecu would be ample. Would be logical to get the fuel pump changed first tho before mapping.

Take a look at this for more info. Helped me figure out what was what very well indeed.

:)
Wow! That was a brilliant help thanks a million mate!

You seem to have around about the same aim as I do :D

Just a pain trying to get someone you trust to map a car over hear especially at a reasonable price :rolleyes:

D

Dizz

Looks like I'm just going to go on the rollers as it is and see what I get then put the boost controller, decat & fuel pump in (along with maybe one or two other things lol) and go back down :)

sniffy

Reaction score
Country
dizz if you looking at someone to map the car look for stiv on sxoc hes really good ask anyone about him wont hear a bad thing he maped mine, japmadlads, raystangs

D

Dizz

Oh really? Does he just do it on the road? What would I need? Power FC or Nistune or what?

subzero

Reaction score
to map mine , if you include westwards fee , was over 1000 euros( the power fc was 600 delivered but prob dearer now as the yen is poor, i got mine nearly 2 years ago.) , but your better off in the long run . no point risking the engine.

sniffy

Reaction score
Country
he does it on the road and he does a good job mine pulls from 30kph all the way to red line in 6th gear power delivery is good. pm him on sxoc and he will give you the best advice for your setup and his work is top notch and price is good to,

subzero

Reaction score
ya heard got things about stiv too , met him at the sxoc trackday. his mad into e85 bio fuel conversions.

sniffy

Reaction score
Country
ya but its great im running E85 in mine. it good stuff im running 1.2bar and knock is never above 20 which is good. only person i would let near the engine on my car anyway.