What's new

What's needed for an IVA test

Reaction score
Country
Morning guys.

Does anyone know what a freshly imported S15 needs doing to it to get through an IVA test?

I've got a document stating what is inspected during the IVA but I have minimal knowledge of the S15.

All helps is appreciated.

CMR

Reaction score
Country
I believe the car has to be OEM i.e any mods need to be removed and replaced, Rear Foglight needs to be fitted, if the car has factory Xenons fitted these will not pass the IVA so "normal" halogen light units need to be fitted.

I'm sure there are other things but they are all I know.

Reaction score
Country
I had read something last night about the rules around the IVAs and noticed the 10 year rule but I just thought that an IVA was a glorified MOT and I would still have to do things like the fog light and headlights wouldn't I?

CMR

Reaction score
Country
No, if the S15 is older than 10 years old it will only need to be MOT'ed, and only require the rear foglight wiring in and the speedo converted to be reading in MPH.

CMR

Reaction score
Country
They were still registered in Japan upto 2003, so will still be a lot of Feb 2002 onwards cars that still require an IVA :)

Reaction score
Country
Thanks for your help!

So if I brought in a 2001 I'm fine but if its a 2002 then it's most likely IVA.

If I'm wrong I lame a lack of common sense and being really cold :D

Reaction score
Country
I don't think you need to convert the speedo to MPH even. I didn't on mine. Nor on the 180sx I had previously, they can just mark the MOT that the odometer is in KM. It doesn't take long to get used to driving in KM.

If I were buying one now, I'd probably go for one already in the country seeing as the yen is so expensive at the minute, then you wouldn't need to worry about getting it tested to register it.