What's new

Wheel fitment guru's ???? Help

Joined
24 April 2015
Messages
48
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Buckinghamshire
Country
Before I go and spunk a load of money on wheels then have issues with them fitting I thought I'd chuck it out there!! Even though I'll probably end up getting different answers just wondered what people's thoughts are

ok , so I'm planning on running a 18/9j et15 with either a 215 or 205/40 tyres
im going to get my arches rolled and a slight flare (if needed) obviously I'll be fitting coilovers, toe, tension and camber arms.

i want to run the car fairly low and I don't want to fit spacers nor do I plan on fitting wider arches

SO....... Basically I just want to no if what I've got planned will work? If anyone's running a similar setup pics would be greatful

thanks :thumbs:
 

Jaydej

⭐
Joined
6 December 2013
Messages
307
Reaction score
0
Points
16
Location
Herts
Country
Don't mean to ruin your thread but how comes you going for all the adjustable rear arms?
 
Joined
24 April 2015
Messages
48
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Buckinghamshire
Country
Just going off of previous builds I've done on my 14 and 14a's and always found after lowering them adjustable arms where a must to get a decent alignment and drive able set-up

i assumed the s15 would be the same ??? No
 

Jaydej

⭐
Joined
6 December 2013
Messages
307
Reaction score
0
Points
16
Location
Herts
Country
I lowered mine and managed to get it straight with just camber arms, it might save you some
money and maybe feel better then running full adjustables
 

sibbers

⭐
Joined
11 February 2015
Messages
277
Reaction score
0
Points
16
Location
Twickenham
Country
Hmm. I can get my camber in spec (-1 degree or something) but I'm pretty sure my traction control arms (the ones that alter toe under compression) could do with being a touch wider. Feels like the rear toes out a bit under hard cornering and can't explain why if it's not the above, so I'm tempted by the japspeed full arm set for the 300 or so notes they charge.

I have 235/45/17s on the front with no modifications require to the arches (but I'm not that low) and 245/45/17 on the rear with arches rolled but no flare required and that's at et25 so I actually reckon you might be fine without any modification at all. Just. Unless you want to go low at the front where you'll rub on the arch liners but I think that happens on s14s too and you know all about them :)
 
Last edited:
Joined
25 March 2014
Messages
63
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
cornwall
Country
I'm running a 9j et17 on the front 235 40 17
Close but no rubbing - Not very low tho
 
Top