What's new

wheel fitment

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
yep - its the wheel pest with more questions and queries....:eek:

i am being lured towards fitting 9jx18 et30 all round or 9.5j et35/9j et30 but have been doing a lot of head scratching over whether it will fit or not....i need peoples help. :confused:

i did a bit of an experiment today and took a 9j rim off the back of my car and lobbed it on the front. its an et 42rim and needed a 6mm spacer just to get it on making it et36. the inner rim touches the spring on the coilovers by a fag paper and doesnt look as though it sticks out too much with the car in the air, i didnt lower the front back to the ground as there wasnt much meat on the studs. looking at these pics, what are you guys thoughts?

to sum up - the pics are with a 9j rim with an equivalent offset of 36, if i go down to et30 there will be enough room by the coilover but they may stick out too far........

your thoughts and experience are appreciated guys :thumbs:

_Wing_

Trader
Reaction score
Yes that's fine :) I've seen a lot of gtr34 wheels on s15's and they're 18x9+30; the trick is to run skinnier tyres (215/225) and dial in a heap of camber. It's ok for the people that regularly track their cars as this will give them even wear but for mostly street use then it's a matter of looks and paying for more tyres more often :)

Trial_S15

Reaction score
Website
www.modifiedmotors.ie
Country

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
cheers guys:thumbs:

has anyone got any side profile pics of a 9jx18 fitted up front at all - just to see the extension past the fenders? and any tales of issues or potential issues......cheers again. the rears dont worry me at all, i could see a 10j sliding in there without any problems at all though i wont be going that wide:nod:

Trial_S15

Reaction score
Website
www.modifiedmotors.ie
Country
Don't know if this is any use to you but thats 17" x 9 ET17 on standard arches

I did have some issues on the drivers side with rubbing against the arch liner in fast corners though :nod: But ten minutes and a packet of cable ties soon sorted that out :thumbs:

Last edited:

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
so et30 should sit in an extra 13mm then and should work....

Trial_S15

Reaction score
Website
www.modifiedmotors.ie
Country
I'm not too sure on the effects of different offsets but I'd assume a 9J ET30 wheel would need spacers or it will be catching coilovers or arch liners or both! Thats why I've decided not to buy the stupidly rare & cheap Trial alloys in the ebay link above :cry:

This is 17 x 7" ET30 (best pics I could find because I'm in work)

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
hmmm....well the pics up the top where the tyre is just brushing the spring is an equivalent offset of 36 9j, so 30 should free up 6mm on the inner side....oh i dont know :wack: i believe things when i see for myself and dont want to spend over a grand on wheels that wont fit right, this is why its taking so long to get the right balance of looks, fitment and clearance.